1249 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

We can’t see the picture.

Post # 5
3210 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I didn’t have that exact dress, but I had Galina WG3512, which has a similar lace and (used to have) a similar neckline. I altered it to a sweetheart and wore a gray dupioni silk sash. I don’t have any really clear pro pics of the neckline yet, so here’s a non-pro pic of what it looked like! I also had covered buttons put over the zipper.

Post # 5
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Critterbug584:   I have the same dress! Starting alterations in two weeks. I am also thinking of getting it made into more of a sweetheart. Also planning on getting it taken in in the hips and bum, I want that baby tight :).

Post # 6
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

REchick:  Oh and I for the sash I am currently thinking of just using some beige ribbon i bought at a craft store (sooo much cheaper than a bridal shop) and tying a nice bow and having it hang down my hip rather than down the back of the dress.

Post # 7
10 posts
Newbee

Hi ladies,

Both photos look beautiful!

I was hoping for some help from you if you bought or just tried on the Galina WG3381.

I love it but live overseas so cannot try it on. It would mean a lot if you could message me (pm) your measurements bust/waist/hips & height, tell me which LABEL SIZE fit you and if you needed any alterations. Since the online size guides are often mistaken, it would be great help to get info from real brides before ordering online.

Thanks a million!

Barbara

Post # 8
10 posts
Newbee

(I’m mostly interested in the label sizes 6, 8 and 10. I think I need an 8 but want to be sure)

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Critterbug584:  Did you end up getting the sweetheart done? I bought this dress for my wedding in September and plan to have that alteration done. Curious how it turned out! Thanks!!

Post # 10
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

howsweetitis:  I know this is an old thread… I just got the galIna 3512 and I plan to alter the neckline to be a sweet heart too. Did they actually cut in and alter your dress or just pinch it and stitch it in. David’s alterations indicates they would just pinch it in, but I’m afraid it will look bulky or too much like a bow-tie effect with the pleating. Thanks for any advice! 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors