- 7 years ago
- Wedding: July 2011
So our wedding is going to be at the Bass Performance Hall and following the feel set out by the beautiful location we are going with a Theatre theme. Trying to think of how to tie that into the tables where we are not doing pre-assigned seating I came up with this idea that can be very easily tied into a game we were wanting to play throughout the night.
Each table is going to be names after a Broadway Musical and throughout the night atleast one song will be played from each musical. Where the game comes in is that when a song from your chosen table is played, EVERYBODY from that table MUST get up and dance to it. Other tables may join in but no matter what, your table must dance. I think it will get people up on their feet and have fun with it. For example, when Time Warp is played everybody from the Rocky Horror Picture Show table has to get up and, well, do the Time Warp (or whatever their feet feel like doing so long as it is a dance).
This is what we have come up with. Our goal was to have an upbeat song for each musical because not everybody will have somebody to slow dance with but it wasn’t as easy as we thought it would be. And hey, two guys slow dancing together out of desperation might be kinda fun or funny! (Suggestions are very welcome!)
1. Rent- Take me or leave me OR Seasons of love
2. Beauty and the Beast- Be our Guest
3. Annie- I don’t need anything but you
4. Fiddler on the Roof- To life
5. Lion King- Hakuna Matata OR Can You Feel the Love Tonight
6. DreamGirls- And I’m telling you I’m not going OR One Night Only (disco version)
7. Moulin Rouge- Diamonds are a girls best friend
8. Hairspray- You can’t stop the beat
9. Grease- You’re the one that I want OR We go together
10. Rocky Horror Picture Show- Time Warp
11. Spamalot- Always look on the bright side of life OR Knights of the round table
12. Mary Poppins- Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
And even though the Head Table doesn’t need one, we are doing two songs from it anyway (And I can’t get enough of it.)
13. Wicked- For Good (as a surprise dedication to my BM’s and MOH’s who are my sisters) AND As long as you’re mine (Which is most likely going to be our first dance)
Sorry it was so long. Tell me what you think! Suggestions are always welcome!
Oh and we are also thinking about surprising out parents with their wedding songs.