(Closed) Tacky or Acceptable – sending a holiday card & a thank you card together?

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
6998 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

i wouldnt mind 🙂

Post # 4
1542 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I wouldn’t mind nor consider it tacky or tasteless, however I’m not familiar with the thankyou cards tradition, so I don’t know what’s consider proper in these situations.

Post # 6
3264 posts
Sugar bee

I would probably send 2 seperate mailings.  For 44 cents it hardly seems worth risking upsetting someone.  And I do think the situation has the potential for upset (justified or not).

Post # 7
7771 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

Honestly, I would do them separately.  I see what you are saying about saving stamps, but I really would recommend sending them separate.

Post # 8
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Totally acceptable.

Post # 9
4046 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

If you are unsure, the easy thing to do is to send them separately. Just mail the thank-you’s a day later so they don’t arrive together 🙂

Post # 10
3041 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I see nothing wrong with it… actually I’d find it really odd if I got 2 seperate cards from someone sent around the same date.Why not ship it together?

Only thing is, if you put in two cards into 1 envelope, make sure you don’t go over the 1oz. weight, than you’d need 2 stamps anyway.

Post # 11
413 posts
Helper bee

I would post them seperately for sure. Post the holiday cards first and then a few days later the thank you cards. You’ll probally find due to the weight of two cards in one envelope you will have to pay additional postage anyway. Pay the postage its no big deal for the sake of a few dollars. You didn’t have a joint wedding slash christmas party, treat each occasion seperately.

Post # 12
3626 posts
Sugar bee

@andielovesj: I agree. I think it would look cheap since it’s only 44 cents. You never know who would be offended and who wouldn’t because no one would say anything, so I wouldn’t risk it.

The topic ‘Tacky or Acceptable – sending a holiday card & a thank you card together?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors