Take #214 off the list……no its not a proposal.

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1349 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@Mine29:  You deserve better than what he is giving you.  I think there’s someone better out there for you.  It shouldn’t be this hard.  Hugs.

Post # 4
495 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

@Mine29:  This is so hard but at least he was honest with you and you know where to go from here. It would be worse if he strung you along while he was away and lived that life behind your back. I’m sending you BIG HUGS!!!

Post # 5
2125 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

@Mine29:  *Hugs* I hope it all works out in the end. Good luck. 

Post # 6
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

@Mine29:  Hon, I’m so sorry to hear this.  I was really pulling for you guys.  But from this post, I really think you are doing the right thing. *hugs* We love you dear and you’ll always have a place here with the bees.  Especially the waiting bees.  PM me if you ever want to chat sometime.  We will miss you.

Post # 7
1625 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

@Mine29:  I’m always so sad when someone wants off the list and they aren’t engaged. I am wishing you well, and hoping for the best! The separation will definitely make or break your relationship! Just remember.. while he has his freedom, so will you!

Post # 8
1178 posts
Bumble bee

@Mine29:  Sorry you have to leave the list. He doesn’t sound even remotely ready to marry you. Don’t pine your life away on this guy. There are other more fantastic ones that will want you right now!

Post # 9
4468 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@Mine29:  I’m so sorry:( It sounds like you can do much better- you deserve someone who loves you and wants to be with you unconditionally:) *hugs*

Post # 10
425 posts
Helper bee

@Mine29:  Oh my, he doesn’t sound like he’s ready to marry or think about marriage. I’m so sorry *hugs*

My SO also said something similar last year. He found an area that he liked living while we were in LD, and got a job offer there too. When he came to visit me, it seemed like he had already decided that we would be parting ways in a couple months. I remember feeling devastated by sudden development of plans without me in the picture. But something clicked in his head and he ended up changing his mind and relocated closer to me. We’re stilli in LD but much closer than we used to be. 

Post # 11
1891 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I am sorry, sweetie and I wish you the absolute best. I also hope that rather than allowing this guy to decide your ultimate future, that you  take control and move on with your life. My FI would follow me to the ends of the earth as I would do the same for him. You should be a priority. Whatever you decide, good luck!

Post # 12
1207 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

@Mine29:  aw man! I’m so sorry to hear this, but I think you’re doing the best thing by stepping away.  I’m sure when the time is right you’ll find the perfect guy for you who will know exactly how to make you happy. I wish you all the best, and I hope we’ll hear from you again in the future Laughing

Post # 13
347 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

It sounds like he needs to grow up a little.  I had break ups with 3 guys over this same thing (when I was going to college and my BF still had one more year of high school, when another BF went to grad school and I was still an undergrad, and when another BF was still an undergrad once I graduated).  So I know how this feels!  None of these guys were meant to be, and I am so glad that I met my DH later in life 🙂  Good luck!

Post # 14
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

He sounds way too immature to get engaged and live a married life with you. Thankfully he was honest so you can move on, because you deserve SO much better. How old are you two? Age is probably a huge factor if he is still in college, and it’s ridiculous he is implicitly suggesting that you should just wait for him to go out and live his life and that you’ll still be there at the end. How insulting. Regardless, he’s the one that is missing out in the end. Hope you’re doing okay, OP.

Post # 15
2052 posts
Buzzing bee

@Mine29:  I’m just now seeing this.

We’ve talked before, I know you’ve been through a lot of back and forth with this guy…you deserve better.  You will find the man that’s right for you.  Things happen when they are supposed to.

Stay strong!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors