Post # 1
Tonight could be the night Bees!
I have been around the boards for some time now but never really talked about my own waiting situation. I only really started officially waiting (waiting with an actual chance of it happening, rather than dreaming about it) late last year.
Tonight we are going out for dinner to celebrate our 7th anniversary. 7 years is a long time but we are only in our mid twenties, hence why I haven’t been waiting too long. I have a list of reasons why tonight could be it and why it might not be, accompanied with rebuttal to those reasons (see, this is why I need to be talked down).
Reasons why it could be tonight:
- He suggested dinner and won’t tell me where we are going (although surprises like this are pretty normal for him)
- Last night I noticed an enveople from Blue Nile at his house (but he has looked at ordering earrings from them before, could just be promotional material)
- My mother semi-suggested I paint my nails last night (but didn’t push the issue when I didn’t get around to it. BUT maybe she didn’t want to push too hard in case I caught on)
- He has now officially been in full time work (in his field after graduating) for a year, one of his goals
- It is something he’s been thinking about. Late last year he told me he had a plan, but no details other than that he had one.
Reasons why it might not be:
- He’s been more money conscious lately (but maybe that’s because he’s been paying for a ring?!)
- He asked me to give him 3 things about a ring I do/don’t want and I haven’t given him that yet (but perhaps he just asked for it to throw me off? We have semi talked about what I like in the past)
- He hasn’t seemed nervous (although it would surprise me if he did) or overly lovey dovey
Ultimate reason why it could be tonight:
I have have this gut feeling that today is special. I know that sounds crazy but I have had gut feelings like this in the past and been right. This is the first time I’ve ever thought “it could happen tonight”, which is an exciting thing in and of itself, whatever happens tonight, because we are in that exciting phase of possibility. But I also really hope that I can control these feelings and not be too disappointed if it doesn’t happen.
Any words of advice or “you’re crazy” are appreciated. I just wanted to share this with someone and, like many Bees before me, don’t really want to tell this to anyone IRL.
Post # 2
It could go either way. Just don’t let your evening get ruined. Let us know what happens! No matter what, a romantic anniversary dinner is something special.
Post # 3
Just look forward to a special evening. You have a lot of good reason to question it, but don’t be disappointed if it’s all just for a special dinner to celebrate your years together. He may propose when you’re in your pajamas on the couch!!! I hope you have a spectacular dinner with him and just enjoy that you’ve been together so long and are happy!
Post # 4
MsW-to-MrsM: AprilinTX: Thank you Bees! I’m sure that I will enjoy it no matter what. I just can’t shake this feeling, but I guess I’m not trying too hard because it’s a good feeling to have.
Post # 5
Relax and stop thinking so much 😉 I know it’s so difficult to do, but probably the best thing to do whether it happens or not.
Nonetheless, we’re rooting for you! Good luck! And enjoy yourself 🙂
Post # 6
I think it could go either way, but of course just enjoy spending time with your lovely SO.
The main point I wanted to reply to was: He hasn’t seemed nervous (although it would surprise me if he did) or overly lovey dovey.
My FI wasn’t nervous at all when we were shopping, or when he asked. He literally was cucumber cool, but he later said that it was because it was just so natural and the time was right, there was no need to be nervous or put on a show.
Good luck and have a great time.
Post # 7
bump….. so whats the verdict?
Post # 8
Everdeen: update please! 🙂
Post # 9
I agree with them ladies……… soooooo??? 😀
Post # 11
Everdeen: we need to know!
Post # 14
Ladies!!!!! 😀 it happened! Sorry to keep you waiting so long.
It was wonderful and I was caught off guard and surprised because it didn’t happen at dinner (which was delicious), instead he took me to where we shared our first kiss and then immediately involved my family so that we could celebrate and make all the phone calls. The ring is beyond perfect. I am just so, so happy. Seeing him get down on one knee was just magic. The world really does stop and it’s just the two of you in existence.
Thank you so much for your excitement and your words of wisdom. You were right RhianfaHW:, he was cool as a cucumber the whole time, so like him.
Post # 15
Woohoo congrats! Love the ring.