Tell me about your guests: How many did you invite and how many came/are coming?

posted 2 years ago in Logistics
Post # 2
Member
7090 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I think we invited around 130, and ended up with 92 the day of. We knew there would be a good chunk of people that would not come due to distance though.

Average travel distance was probably 2 hours for most, and 6 hours for maybe a dozen or so from DH’s side.

Post # 3
Member
3280 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

We invited 317, 278 RSVPd yes, 282 came. I had about 150, DH had about 125, then our parents had the rest. About 70% were within an hour, the other 30% were 3-9 hours driving away, average about 5 hours. 

Post # 4
Member
91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

We invited 143. 113 RSVPd yes and 107 were at the wedding.

Post # 5
Member
2913 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

we invited 309, 193 showed up (we had 30 no-shows). i would say about half of our guests were local. the other half traveled 4-6 hours. i had almost 200 people on my side, my husband had a little over 100 on his.

Post # 6
Member
959 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - Merritt Winery

 

cirk:  We invited 100 guests (50 for FI and 50 for me) ; 87 RSVPd ; 80 attended.  We were pretty even as far as who were “my” attendees vs. who were “his.”  We live and got married in Western, NY.  We had people have a 5 minute travel time.  We also had people come from Pittsburgh and Portland, Oregon.

Post # 7
Member
761 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

We’re inviting around 115, hoping 90-100 come (but we can accomodate everyone if necessary, it’ll just be tight). Guests are like 70% my side, 20% FI’s side, and 10% joint friends. That’s because we’re having it in my hometown, so 50% of guests have a travel time of less than 3 hours (for many, it’s only 15 minutes!), 30% have a travel time of about 7-8 hours, and the last 20% (FI’s side) have a travel time of about 12(+) hours. 

Post # 8
Member
663 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

We invited 150 people and have received 135 yes RSVP but we’ll have to wait and see how many actually come.

about 25% local, 50% 2 hours away and 25% across the country from us

Post # 9
Member
1670 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Of those we thought could come, we invited 160. We had 139.

We had around 50% local, 25% 2 to 4 hours away, and 25% were in Ireland. 

Post # 10
Member
2261 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Invited 550, expecting somewhere between 480 and 500. 

 

Post # 11
Member
743 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014 - Our Backyard/Steakhouse

Invited: 26

Attending: 22 (+ bride and groom)

Decline Rate: 15% (one was a SO and got broken up with, one died, one was just diagnosed with cancer so she and her husband won’t make it) 

Post # 12
Member
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

We invited 135 and have 101 coming.

I think I have about 65% of the guests, but that is largely because my fiancé is Scotish and not all of his friends and family could make the trip to Toronto.

Post # 13
Member
795 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

DH and I wanted small and intimate. We invited 50. Of the 50 – 42 RSVP’d yes and 42 showed up. We agreed early on that this wedding was about both of us therefore the guestlist would be 50/50 regardless of the size. This included immediate family and close friends.

About 45% came from out of town. 

 

 

Post # 14
Member
567 posts
Busy bee

cirk:  112 invited, 72 rsvp yes, 70 came.

 

about 20% traveled from 2-6 hours to attend

 

9 from his side (we invited 30)

31 from my side (everyone invited on my side came)

30 of our friends

Post # 15
Member
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Invited: 108

RSVP’d Yes: 86

About 60% of the guests are his and 40% are mine. I would say about half of our guests are traveling from all over the country. All of the declined RSVP’s were guests who live out of state as well. We shall see the actual number the day of, you never know who will show up, or cancel, last minute. We are happy with our number, though. 

Leave a comment


Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors