- 3 years ago
I got married September 2012 and couldn’t have done it without reading other people’s posts and seeing photos here, so thought I should share it back:
You can see some photos here (I probably won’t be very responsive to questions – sorry in advance!) just to get a sense of what the wedding was like. There are some shots in there from our engagement session in SF, which was also shot by the talented Tony Yang.
– Got married at Tensing Pen (booked it before even visiting). Absolutely loved our stay. The wedding coordinator, Shanique, was wonderful to work with and the entire staff was welcoming and gracious.
– Stayed three nights, booked the entire resort (45 guests) + 5 rooms at the Rockhouse (10 guests) for 55 total guests. It was wonderful having the entire resort to ourselves – Rockhouse would have been a bit too big, and was a bit pricier fo our guests.
– Food was excellent (lobster is all I can remember) – cake was questionable (I asked for hazelnut and it was cinnamony – I’m sure a simple chocolate cake would have been delicious).
– The resort and view was gorgeous enough that I was able to not stress about flowers and decor so went simple.
– Let’s see- any other details? Rehearsal dinner was a Cayuba, Flowers were Taifloral, Dress was Vera Wang, we shuttled everyone from the airport to the resort on a few bus trips.
– It was really really hot in september – no wind. You can see we all jumped into the pool to cool down.
We had such a blast – it’s all about the people at the end of the day. I highly recommend Tensing Pen and Negril!