Terminology Help! …is this a bolero?

posted 3 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1445 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@SoonToBeSimmons:  I’m not an expert, but I think this would qualify as a bolero.  Rather than pulling over one’s head, however, I’ve seen them with buttons down the back.

Post # 4
1994 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Definitely called a bolero!

I wore one and I got it from tulip bridal

maybe have a look on there too! It was really beautiful and high quality for a VERY affordable price and quick shipping!


THey have a GREAT selection!


Post # 7
456 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Mine was called a bolero by pronovias and it was not a pull over.

Post # 9
3584 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I would call it a capelet. 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors