(Closed) Bees, I need some help!! (Vent… Am I a bit crazy?)

posted 8 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
2186 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

you dont have to tell him they are engagement pics – you can just say you would love to book this awesome photographer to have pics in one of your fav places since you dont have formal shots of yall together – etc etc. and after he proposes, oh well LOOK AT THAT, they can be engagement shots! 🙂

Post # 4
Hostess
18646 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

I like that idea of just saying they are shots of the two of you as a couple (and they could be in case he doesn’t propose by then).

Post # 5
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Umm, while it’s a good idea to say they are just couple pictures it seems like your deceiving him.  Hiding the truth or changing the truth still doesn’t make it the truth. 

If you really want this photographer and he’s amazing AND your BF will eventually propose…couldn’t you talk to your BF about it?

Post # 6
928 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I agree, I don’t think I would go the deception route and make the situation fit later thing, especially when it comes to planning anything wedding related. You should want to do this stuff with him, not go behind his back. I would talk to him about it first and see what he says. If he doesn’t mind you booking it then do it and if he does, then don’t do it and back off. Getting engaged and planning your wedding is a really important time and you don’t want him to think that you’re all about the wedding related activities and not the getting married part.

I’m also on the 2 year plan and I’ve learned that that gives you a lot of time. Don’t rush it before you’re even engaged. It’s hard waiting for him to pop the question, believe me I know, but you gotta be patient when it comes to the planning and things.

Post # 7
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I’m with Charm bracelet on this one…If you think that you can’t talk about this with your BF then maybe deep down you know this isn’t right. If you guys are already talking about getting engaged then talk to him about the deal, maybe he’ll agree that its a good one and want to make the appointment. If he’s hesitating on planning things then maybe he’s wanting to do this (propose) in his own way. I wouldn’t try to rush him, it might backfire on you.

good luck!

Post # 8
7976 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

If you and your BF really are on the same page, essentially unofficially engaged, I don’t see why you would want to decieve him. In my experience, deception never bodes well for a relationship (unless it’s about a surprise party). Be honest with him. If he’s not down for e-pics yet, then just see about taking couples pictures together – afterall, you can never have too many pictures together! And then you can re-book in the future when you’re both ready for e-pics.

Post # 9
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

It sounds like you have gotten some good advice here.  If you are really “unofficially engaged” then he should have no problem booking the engagement pic session. 

Also, what happens if for some reason you aren’t engaged by then?  Do you loose a big deposit of can you reuse the deposit for something else?

Post # 10
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

If you are this open about your future and wedding planning, I bet your BF won’t mind you talking about booking the photographer.  Every guy can appreciate a deal and but you can keep the boudior session a surprise for him! 

I booked my church 5 months before we were engaged and told my FI because we had to meet with the priest… and cause I was a little psycho!… and he laughed and said okay.  I bet you will get the same reaction 🙂

Post # 11
573 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

You can book the shoot and not tell him about it. Just recognize that there is a slight risk that you may not be engaged at the time it rolls around. I know a girl who booked a reception site in LA months before getting engaged (she wouldn’t have been able to get the site within the next 2 years if she hadn’t). Sometimes you need to go for it!

Post # 12
990 posts
Busy bee

I would book the shoot and not tell him about it, especially since it is a good deal.

Post # 13
814 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

i would wait, really, i’m sure you photog will still have some dates available when you day comes!!

Post # 14
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Definitely love the idea of couple shots, then you can use them as engagement photographs later. Congrats on your amazing find!

The topic ‘Bees, I need some help!! (Vent… Am I a bit crazy?)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors