Post # 1
We had a semi destination wedding so there were many people who did not come but were very generous & gave us $$.
Finding it difficult to come up with something to express our gratitude –
‘Thank you so much for your well wishes & very generous gift. ‘
That’s all I got.
‘we understand that you couldn’t make it’?
‘we hope you had a great new years’?
I don’t want to sounding like i’m harbouring bad feelings – but I really do want to write more than one line…
ANY thoughts appreciated!
Post # 3
I had a couple folks who sent us money but couldn’t make it to the wedding too.
I started off by saying thanks for the gift. It will definitely help us get a new set of pots and pans! Or it went a long way on the honeymoon. Or it will help us stock our sad little kitchen. I mentioned what I’d use the money for.
Then I wrote that we missed their presence, but still appreciate their love and support. We hope they’re well, etc.
That was enough to fill up a card!
Post # 4
- Wedding: August 2013 - The Liberty House
How about “Thank you so much for your generous gift and your well wishes as we enter this new phase of our lives. We hope to see you soon to catch up and celebrate our marriage in person!”
Post # 5
A line I used a lot was, “DH and I feel so lucky to have so many friends and family members supporting us as we begin our new married life together.” Also you can mention when you hope to see them again or say something specific about their family (“Hope Allison is healing well from her appendix surgery!”).
Post # 6
I love writing thank you cards and spent forever writing some pretty detailed cards to each of my guests –quite a few commented on them! haha! Cash gifts with no attendance are tough tho! here are a few examples for you 🙂 I would also consider including a photograph, especialyl if it’s a family member and a wedding favor if you have any extra.
1. Thank you so much for your lovely/thoughtful/beautiful card and for your generous gift –it will come in handy as we set up our new home. We missed you at the wedding but are so happy/grateful/lucky to have you in our lives and can’t wait for the next opportunity to raise a glass and celebrate life with you!
2. Thank you so much for your lovely/thoughtful/beautiful card, the sentiment expressed on it summarizes perfectly how Hubby and I feel about each other! You are so thoughtful! We also really appreciate your generous gift and can’t wait to see you again soon!
3. Thank you so much for your lovely/thoughtful/beautiful card and your generous/lovely/wonderful gift! It was much appreciated and will certainly be put to good use as we set up our new home! You are too thoughtful and such an appreciated person/gift/ in our lives!
4. Thank you so much for your lovely/thoughtful/beautiful card and your generous gift! Please know that though you could not be there in person you were present in our hearts and minds that day, We are so fortunate/lucky/blessed to have someone as wonderful/thoughtful/ as you in our lives
Post # 7
You bees are the best!! Thank you so much!