(Closed) The Fairbanks House B&B in St. Augustine for a honeymoon?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 3
143 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010 - The Chesapeake Bay Beach Club

Hey chri5tina! You should definitely go!!  It’s well worth it. Smile That’s where Mr. GP and I went on our honeymoon and we absolutely loved it – I actually wrote two posts on the blog about the 7 days we spent there:

Part 1, and Part 2

Both Theresa (the inn keeper you spoke to on the phone) and Bill are the sweetest (and funniest!) people, the food they made for breakfast was delicious (as were the food and drinks at cocktail hour!), the B&B is within walking distance of a bunch of great restaurants as well as the historic section of town, and the whole time there was just perfect for our honeymoon.  The beaches were beautiful, there were lots of things to do if we wanted, or there was also plenty of quiet time to sit by the pool or head to the beach.  Bill & Theresa made sure to help us with any reservations at activities or restaurants, made recommendations for what to do or where to eat, and took excellent care of us.  The B&B was in great condition, our room was very large and had everything we could possibly need (big closet, tv, air conditioning, kitchen, balcony, etc! Obviously those things will vary in each room, but we were very impressed with our room), and we loved all the environmentally friendly choices the inn used.

A quick note though, The Fairbanks House is not in St. Augstine, it’s actually on Amelia Island.  Amelia Island is about 30 minutes NE from Jacksonville, FL (St. Augustine is about an hour SE of Jacksonville).

Anyway – you can see from the other rave reviews on Trip Advisor that we are certainly not alone in loving The Fairbanks House!  If you have more questions I would be happy to answer them (here, or you could send me a PM)!  I really hope you go, we truly loved our honeymoon there.

The topic ‘The Fairbanks House B&B in St. Augustine for a honeymoon?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors