Post # 1
It’s almost here my fellow June brides! I’m sure many of you are freaking out with lots to do just like me (and if you’re not then kudos to you!).
So what’s on the final to do list? What are you still working on before the last minute week-of stuff?
Here’s mine (big gulp, it’s scary!):
- Finalize friendor DJ stuff
- Finish music playlist
- Trial run #2 of flowers (I’m DIY all the florals)
- Decorate the unity candle (ribbons)
- Finish scrapbook guestbook
- Print escort cards
- Make trivia cards for cocktail hour
- Finalize wine selections
- Dress fittings
- Hair trial
- Still need to figure out what the heck I’m doing with makeup
- Pick up veil from boutique (I ordered it in March & am still waiting)
- Attend last shower
- Attendant gifts
- Print programs
- Finish the cardbox
- Decorate chipboard letters (LOVE and our initials)
- Order trail mix buffet items for favors
- Send invitations (Yikes – I know! It’s happening Monday)
- Order thank you cards
- Shop for honeymoon gear
I’m 99% certain I left lots of things out. What’s your list look like?
Post # 3
what trivia cards are you making? i want details…sound very interesting!
I will have to think up my list and come back…hehe
Post # 4
We’re doing lots of board game stuff in our wedding, so we’re making trivia cards about us for people to entertain themselves and mingle with during the cocktail hour! They’ll be modeled after Trivial Pursuit but they’ll have random facts about us!
Post # 6
29 Days…. I’ll write a list later on today…
Post # 7
- Wedding: June 2010 - New York Botanical Garden
omg i so cannot look at it as a list, too overwhelming…there’s just…a lot left!
Post # 8
OMG 5.75 weeks left!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ordered the crinolin I need for my rehearsal dinner dress today.
After work tonight I’m stopping by a bakery to talk grooms cakes…
Let’s see – we still need to:
- flowers/centerpieces – waiting on friend from work to finish these
- need to buy gift for my dad (photo/locket cufflinks)
- need to buy small gift for my husband (cubs cufflinks)
- need to buy gift for Maid/Matron of Honor (I’m thinking spa certificate)
- need to finish shadow box for Maid/Matron of Honor
- need to finish DIY candy bar favors
- need to finish seating chart
- need to put cd of pics together for videographer
- need to finish DIY guest book (about 80% done)
- need to finish/redo fan programs
- need to buy red, blue and yellow sand for sand ceremony
- need to make hotel reservations for honeymoon
- need to buy ballet flats for reception
- need to take rehearsal dinner dress in for alterations
i’m sure there’s more but that’s what i have listed! :p
OMG LESS THAN 6 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that amazes me being that we’ve been “engaged” for 2 years!
Post # 9
I’m trying not to freak out… its kiiiinda not working. Every once in awhile I have a moment where I lose my mind, my heart races, my mind races even faster. I have to figuratively talk myself off the ledge! I really don’t have too much to do, I’m just going bananas hoping everything works out. I keep replaying the worst case scenarios in my head!
This is what I do have to do though:
Wrap all the gifts (a.k.a throw ’em in gift bags!)
Repaint gift box (cuz my darn cat thought maybe it was missing his touch.. so he peed on it)
Redip ring (its so dirty)
Write out placecards
Finish songs for DJ
Meet with or at least talk to via phone: officiant, photographer, videographer, DJ, florist, stylist and banquet manager
Assemble the box with all of the ceremony & reception things (cake cutter, champagne flutes, etc)
Pack for wedding (since its out of town)
Pack for honeymoon (so, buying clothes is also necessary)
Ok, so maybe I do kinda have a lot to do? Ah!
Post # 10
Less than 3 weeks for us! Eeeeeeks!
I still have to
— print programs
— finalize seating chart
— final meeting with florist
— finalize rehearsal dinner details
I’m sure there’s more but I don’t wanna think about it right now, LOL!
Post # 11
OMG… I’ve been procrastinating so much lately! With a 1.5 year engagement, I got a lot done with the excitement of first getting engaged… then it died off and I put off doing a lot of things convincing myself “there’s tonnes of time”. Now I add about 5 more things to my To Do list every day. Just reading everyone else’s lists made me remember things I was forgetting!
Post # 12
I’m still working on my list. I’m going to check off one of the biggest wedding priorities tomorrow. The flowers. Calling to order them from Costco tomorrow. I can’t wait to have that out of the way. Now it’s just the details. I do still need to buy the wedding party gifts and such.
Post # 13
Book a limo, buy new foundation, figure out food/drinks/decorations for our afterparty, get engagement pics, work on the video for our afterparty (photo slideshow and funny interviews with Fiance and I), make my hairpins, sew the rip in mom’s garter that I’m wearing, get a joint bank account, figure out our car insurance, and get all the forms/letters ready that I’ll need to send out when my name changes.
Not too shabby!!
Post # 14
All I have to do is decide if I want to do a seating chart—the better part of me says yes, but everyone around me says it’s not necessary (we have about 50 guests at a small restaurant). I also want to get a pretty brooch for my sister’s/MOH boquet (to double as Maid/Matron of Honor gift). If we do a rehearsal dinner, it will be on a whim–with a total of about ten people, so it should be easy to find a place to eat :o)
Oh, and I haven’t figured out if I even want a guest book. I’ve been toying with the idea of postcards since we’re doing a mini-destination wedding in a tourist-y area (3 hours from where we live and our friends live, 6 hours from where my family lives, and 1 hour from where FI’s family lives), but I figure I can pick these up on the friday before the wedding and guests can write well-wishes and marrital advice on them.
Thats’ pretty much it. Yay!! 15 days!