(Closed) The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly…needing input.

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
592 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@soontobeMrsEschberger: I’ve had two Sony VAIO’s in a row now and I love them. They are super hardy and the quality is unbeatable. I highly recommend them – totally worth the few extra bucks.

Post # 4
510 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

i have a macbook pro, and i heart it.  I had an old dell 17″ which sounds remarkably like yours, and it broke literally in half.  Haha

Post # 5
1253 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’ve got a pink Dell laptop and I’ve had it for three years now. I love it, I’ve never had a single problem with it. Although, I do have countless movies, over 800songs and nearly 2500 pictures on it I am quickly running out of memory but thats about it.

Post # 6
5494 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’ve had 3 Vaios in a row and I love them.  I’ll continue to buy Vaio.

Post # 8
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I have an Apple MacBook and it’s the best thing ever!!!  I had a Dell and fought with it constantly.  

Post # 9
2142 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Whatever you do, don’t get the Inspiron 1520 or 1525.

Everyone I knew (including myself) who got one for college- as they were marketed heavily for my class as the ideal college laptop- hates theirs. My fan broke long ago so overheats in 5 minutes if I run a media software other than VLC, I’m on my second hard drive and this died after a year, the mouse is spotty, keys have snapped off (esc, some others), I get the blue screen a lot … and so on.

Fh bought a heavy duty Dell vostro 1700 that’s excellent if you don’t mind a huge thing that’s fairly heavy. But it was designed for programming, not someone using the office suite or similar.

Post # 10
418 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I’m another vote for a macbook, mine has lasted 4 years now with ZERO problems!! I also had a Dell and totally hated it. However, if I were to get a Windows computer, I would probably get a Sony Vaio.

Post # 11
3222 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Also, whatever you do, do NOT get any HP notebooks. I’ve had what I think are lemons, three times in a row. The hard drives go out every 6 months (just in time for you to renew your warranty!) and the motherboard decides to crap out just after a year.

Quality machinery!

Post # 13
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

love my Vaio, but the boy swears by his MacBook Pro (the 13″)

if you can, go 14″ or less, 15 is just too big to tranposrt effectively.

Post # 16
3526 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

What will you mainly be using your laptop for?

The topic ‘The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly…needing input.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors