(Closed) The Great Shower Battle of 2008

posted 10 years ago in Parties
Post # 3
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2008

What’s wrong with two showers? I had two showers. One thrown for me by my family (a cousin actually) and one thrown for me by my maid of honor. The only person who attended both was my mom.

Maybe you want to get everyone together for one big bash, but that could be a solution. Just split up the guest list. Just don’t do them back-to-back on the same day like I did!

Post # 4
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2007

Two showers, two different guest lists. Personally I think your Aunt’s ideas sound like more fun!

Post # 5
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

My fomer boss, had 6 showers! One for each side of the fdamily, a work one, one from her moms friends…and so on…I say let them throw their own…:-) What fun for you!

Post # 6
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2008

I had a similar situation.  My maiden of honor is a college student who lives halfway across the country.  My bridesmaids either don’t know anyone else in the bridal party or know one other person.  Therefore, my FMIL decided to plan a shower.  Only she wanted to do it on her own terms, when she wanted to and how she wanted to-even if my maiden of honor couldn’t be there.  After much arguing and stress, it was finally decided she’d have her own shower and my mom would give me another with the help of some local bridesmaids.  Only now she’s trying to get me to invite half my family to hers….good luck!  I hope it all works out for you!

The topic ‘The Great Shower Battle of 2008’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors