(Closed) The Most Popular Wedding Dress of 2010

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’d agree with Adorae or Maggie Sottero Jenna. It seems like we had a ton of both of those on the Bee. I’m with you on it being one of the dresses from the Vera Wang/DB line for this year.

Post # 4
1493 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@YSQueen: That’s a great evolution of style from the past three years. 2008 looked to be a lot of pickups in the skirt. 2009 seemed geared towards the lines on a bias and the shutterpleat. 2010 seems more mermaid-y with crystal embellishment. I was a 2009, Marisa 815 bride so I fit right in the general trend of the year with light lines off the bias, no embellishment, and super classic.

Post # 5
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Definitely the Vera Wang White dress with all the ruffly stuff at the bottom.  I’ve seen at least five posts from people who’ve already bought it and that line was JUST released!

Post # 6
624 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Oh I agree!

Post # 7
1815 posts
Buzzing bee

I feel like I’ve seen a million Maggie Sottero Sabelle’s..those we’re also really popular last year!

Post # 8
1269 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Based on my viewings this was/is certainly a contender for most popular

Post # 9
3222 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I agree with PP’s…I think the Adorae is the most popular for 2010. I think there will be more ballgowns this year…

Post # 10
2580 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@AnneTossy: I also feel like I’ve seen a million Sabelles! It’s a beautiful dress, but I never thought I’d recognize a dress by name until I’d seen so many girls post that one. I do love it, though!

Post # 11
2392 posts
Buzzing bee

I agree that the Adorae seems to be the #1… not surprising since it really is a gorgeous dress and yet is simple enough that the bride wearing it shine through. 

Also agreed that the White by Vera Wang dresses will be huge in the next year.  I also expect we’ll move from seeing tons of pickups to tons of rosettes.  I remember Miss Panther (I think it was her) choosing a really stunning rosette dress only to have them start showing up everywhere a few months later.

Post # 12
966 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@AnneTossy:  I completely agree.  I’ve seen a ton of Sabelle’s. 

Post # 13
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Can we just say Maggie Sottero in general?

I agree with Adorae and Sabelle.

I agree that this year there has been a shift. The era of the pickup is over (finally) and I have seen a definite shift toward simple, natural-waist ballgowns and a-lines. (I feel like such a trend-setter. lol)

Post # 14
Hostess
23639 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Definitely the Adorae and Sabelle.  Agreed.  Just posted on the other thread about how I’ve seen so many Adoraes come through – that dress just looks universally flattering on everyone, it seems!  What a fun thread.  I agree that the DB White line might dominate this year!

Post # 15
1115 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

@zippylef: I loooove natural waist ballgowns and I have dress envy everytime I see one posted. *sigh*

Post # 16
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I feel like I have seen lots of lots of people in Casablanca’s 1900.  In addition to two bees getting married in it (Mrs. Frozen Yogurt and Mrs. Turtle), I’ve seen it in quite a few blogs and I know two friends that wore that dress as well!  

The topic ‘The Most Popular Wedding Dress of 2010’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors