Post # 1
I’ve had a few bad dreams about one thing or another going wrong on my wedding day – like for some reason the parking lot disappeared, or in one our cathedral-like formal church somehow become a cabana (in November!) but I have never, ever had such a cluster-eff of a nightmare as I had last night. And it’s SO unrealistic! This is stuff that would never happen! I got no sleep after about 3 am. Here’s what went down:
- One of my bridesmaids “forgot” and didn’t answer my frantic calls till half an hour before the ceremony was due to start, when she assured me she was on her way (from her house, 45 minutes away). So I said hurry the hell up, and we delayed the start of the ceremony.
- But that didn’t matter, because the groom had a nosebleed ALL day and the best man had to put tampons up his nose, so we had to wait for that to stop.
- And somehow with all this extra time before the ceremony I didn’t manage to have my hair or makeup done and I looked like crap on a cracker.
- This is because my mom was going to help me, but she forgot her dress at home and left to get it. Which she didn’t do and came back wearing SHINY LEATHER PANTS.
- When the ceremony finally did start, my dad seated my mom (my brother was meant to do this) and then SAT DOWN. As in, forgot he was supposed to walk me down the aisle.
- So I walked alone. To a groom who still had a tampon in one nostril.
- Our DJ was all set up at the reception but didn’t play anything.
- All the seating cards had gone missing, so the guests sat wherever and the bridal party and family were in tables in another room. Guests were sitting at the HEAD TABLE.
- People got up and started leaving after dinner because they thought it was over, as there was no music.
- Turns out the DJ had forgotten our song list of play and no-play songs and insisted he couldn’t select ANY music without our written guidelines. New husband and I frantically scribbled a list and forgot that we didn’t want the song “Single Ladies.”
- Which the DJ promptly played. For my dance with my dad.
I actually woke up SHAKING, it was so bad. And reading this now I know it’s all so freaking ridiculous, but I just couldn’t fall back asleep. I don’t even think I’m stressed out about the wedding – my planning is right on track!
What is the most RIDICULOUS, unrealistic thing to show up in your wedding nightmares?
And does anyone have some spare sleeping pills?
Post # 3
Oh my! I had a similar nightmare the week before my mom got married. Apparently I was super stressed about her wedding for her! I dreamt that I went to work on the day of her wedding, because I forgot that I was supposed to be in the wedding, and it wasn’t until I saw a truck driving past my work carrying the topiaries (??) for the wedding that I realized I wasn’t supposed to be at work! So I jumped up and ran home to get my dress, and realized I still hadn’t found black shoes to wear! So now I’m frantically looking for shoes at this dark dingy cobwebby store that looks like something out of a horror film, and the only black shoes they had were these awful black wooden clogs. I woke up completely panicked. -__-
Post # 4
I had a nitemare before my wedding that on the day of the wedding suddenly my dress was the wrong dress and I kept screaming this is not my dress but everyone kept reassuring me that this was the dress I ordered and it was ok to doubt it, but it was nothing like my dress at all lol
Post # 5
OMG I’m cracking up! How funny!
I’m sure it wasn’t funny when you woke up though!
Post # 6
- Wedding: June 2012 - Franklin Plaza
I’ve had many, but the best so far was a long, complicated one where everything was wrong, we didn’t have wedding bands, the flowers were the wrong color, and our photographer was sick and sent a stand-in. Obviously, all these problems caused the ceremony to be delayed so all (6) of my bridesmaids left because they were bored with waiting.
BWHAAHAHA. Like my Fiance likes to tell me… There is something wrong with my brain. 😉
PS. I literally laughed out loud when I read about the DJ playing “Single Ladies” for your father/daughter dance. That is an epic dream.
Post # 7
@jolie0119: I’m sure it wasn’t funny when you woke up though!
It was wretched. The first thing I did was look over at my fiance to see if he had tampons in his nose.
Post # 8
You guys are hilarious!! hahahahaha
Post # 9
OP – hysetrical!
I just had my first nightmare and my wedding isn’t for more than a year from now!
*I was wearing an unflattering gold dress
*The photographer was taking pictures of everyone but me (probably because of the dress haha)
*My bridesmaids had someone been replaced by a bunch of girls I didn’t even know or barley knew and they were all wearing hideous pink dresses
*When I tried to say something about them not being my invited bridesmaids the guests booed me and called me an asshole!
Post # 10
I had a dream that the wedding was perfect. Everything went according to plan. It was a beautiful garden party. The speeches were over, the cake was cut, and I turned around to give some cake to Fiance…and realized that he wasn’t there, and he hadn’t been there the whole time. I’d gotten married to no one.
I woke up, panicked, and called him to tell him I had my first wedding nightmare, and he said, “what? No, you didn’t dream that. That was yesterday.”
He thinks he’s REAL funny.
Post # 11
I had a dream my husband gave me this really gross looking ring. It was made of I don’t even know, granite? And in my dream I was thinking “How can I find a way to accidentally lose this ring?” but then I’d feel bad for hating it. I also had a dream that our vows were taking 5 hours to get through, it was never ending. Like the JOP would tell a long story and then my husband would start rambling, and then the JOP would start talking again, not even about the wedding just random things.
Post # 12
I had a nightmare 2 nights ago that all the guests at our wedding were strangers and my bridesmaids were lost, and I couldn’t find my flowers, and I had to go to the loo but they started the processional music without me, and I got so nervous that I grabbed a handful of toilet paper and threw up in it! It was terrible!
Post # 13
I’ve had three dreams lately…
1. My dad was smoking near my dress while we were preparing to walk down the aisle, an ash landed on it and POOF. I remember trying to make HIM feel better. “No dad, it’s really ok!” ….. Yeah, it wasn’t!
2. I took a pregnancy test and it was positive. We’re not having children. I didn’t know how to tell anyone but our wedding was that day. WTF?
3. The worst… For some reason my Fiance and I were getting ready together. The ceremony is out of town and it was 30 mins from the start of the ceremony. We were home and not even showered. He kept walking around looking for a place to plug in the laptop. I screamed at him so bad. We NEVER raise our voices.
I punched him (gently) when I woke up. Heehee.
Post # 14
Oh lord, I had another weird wedding dream last night – not a nightmare, mroe of a “WTF was THAT?”
I guess it was because I watched “The Voice” this week, but I dreamed that Blake Shelton and Adam Levine were my wedding planners.
(Christina and CeeLo did not figure.)
I bet that would be a hell of a party, right?