The next big thing in wedding trends. Year 2020.

posted 2 years ago in Beehive
Post # 2
5207 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

KingsDaughter:  I think some of the trends that are currently debated (dollar dance, honeymoon fund, revealing gowns) will become the norm. The same goes for etiquette, and wedding websites. I also think there will be a rise in colored dresses.

Post # 3
888 posts
Busy bee

I second coloured dresses! Honeymoon registries and asking for money will become the norm- theres just not as much need for house items when people are already living together. I think there may be a rise in destination weddings 1. because people are trending to have smaller weddings and family only weddings and 2. because travel is getting cheaper and easier. I also think people are getting more adventurous with food and BBQ weddings etc are becoming more and more popular. I think people will be more open to serving things like thai food etc opposed to the chicken dinner which is losing popularity. 

Post # 6
1287 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I think styles from the 60’s/70’s, or ‘retro’ will be very trendy, making styles now ‘outdated’!! Long sleeves, rather strapless.  Less ‘design’, and more satin chic.  

Trends always seems to evolve ‘back’!

Post # 7
5207 posts
Bee Keeper

KingsDaughter:  That would be nice. I feel sorry for all the bridesmaids who have had to drop a couple hundred on a dress they would never choose for themselves.

Post # 8
585 posts
Busy bee

I think the honeymoon fund and dollar dance will be the norm. Money has become less of a “social feux pas” over the years, so people are more open about wanting/needing it. Plus, in todays world people live together and need less “stuff”.

I honestly hope the colored and revealing dress thing doesn’t beome the norm. I think there is something so special about wearing AT LEAST an ivory, champagne, or blush colored dress. It’s the only time in your life where this means you are THE BRIDE.

Post # 9
Hostess
9919 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2014

I’ve been seeing more weddings with no bridal party at all – I’m wondering if this will pick up, or at least the number of attendants seems to be going down.

I’ve already noticed that ushers seem to be non-existant at most weddings now whereas weddings I was at 5 years ago always had them.

I disagree about cocktail receptions – we priced Buffet, Cocktails, and Plated Dinner.  Cocktails was the most expensive option we had and the Plated Dinner was the least expensive (less waste).

I think things like the tossing of the bouquet and garter are going to disappear.

Post # 10
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Aquaria:  I’m in a wedding I had to drop a couple hundred on and hate my dress! All the bridesmaids dresses are different and different colors but the bride (my cousin) just had to be super picky about my dress. 

Post # 11
5207 posts
Bee Keeper

texaslemon:  Acutally a white dress is supposed to symbolize virginity. Kind of cheapens it for the minority of brides who really are virgins. 

Post # 13
585 posts
Busy bee

KingsDaughter:  Interesting! I didn’t realize any of that! I know pure white generally means virginity (in today’s society), and as of the past 5 years or so it is now the norm to wear ivory and other off-white shades and not be “judged”. But I still think it looks a lot classier than a colored dress. That is just my opinion, though. I wish I had enough balls to wear a colored dress..I am just not that fun!

Post # 14
5207 posts
Bee Keeper

KingsDaughter:  Interesting! I am the jerk then because I wore a blue dress and hadn’t been a virgin for 13 years. Go figure! 😉

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors