The opposite of cutting the guest list…600 plus people

posted 2 years ago in Beehive
Post # 2
2831 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

i don’t even know 600 people that i’d want at my wedding. i wish you luck in all the planning, though! i’ve been to big (300+ guests) weddings, and the bride and groom were thrilled to have everyone there.

Post # 3
174 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

It sounds like it would be one heck of a party! I couldn’t even imagine having that many people at my wedding. I think 150 is my tops for budgetary reasons (My SO and I are thinking we might be doing the house and the wedding in the same year). However, I think having a huge wedding would be a blast.

Post # 4
8680 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

It sounds like that is what you want to do.. which is great.

But what if 500+ want decide to come and your venue only holds 400? And at full capacity, how comfortable is that? My venue supposedly seats 300 but I don’t know… there would be no room for anything else.

Post # 5
479 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Even if I had an unlimited budget the thought of inviting that many people gives me anxiety!  Not that I even know that many people, haha.  But it sounds like you’re excited about it so that’s great. My concern is what you said about the venue only holding 400, and that you will adjust the budget if more people come than you are planning.  You don’t know until a few weeks before how many will actually come, so be careful there if you can’t reasonably accommodate/afford most of the people you invite!

Post # 6
6166 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

one wedding i went to had about 320 people it was too large, not enough space.  the cocktail hour lines were long.  so just be mindful of making your guests happy if you want to be a good hostess.

Post # 9
2254 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

IceStormRed:  I feel your pain…… we wanted 450. We are at 520 and can’t get any lower….. every day the FI calls me “babe we gotta add so and so to the list!” ugh…… our venue limit is 500.

Let me know when you figure out how to cut it down…… :/

Responding so I can follow the thread!!

Post # 11
9526 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

Well, my wedding wasn’t nearly as big as yours but we certainly seemed to have a similar attitude. Our top priority was being able to celebrate with all our family and friends so we planned our venue and budget so that we could invite everyone that we wanted! And we let my parents invite the friends that they wanted, even those that we didn’t know particularly well. We ended up inviting around 230 and had 150 actually show up. It was a ball and I’m 100% glad we invited everyone that we did. I’m definitely a “the more the merrier” kind of person, so that just naturally spilled over into the wedding. We had a ball and it was awesome to be so surrounded by friends and family! Sounds like you guys have things figured out if you need to expand, so I say go for it and have a ball!

Post # 12
1441 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

IceStormRed:  Wow, I want to live where you do where you can feed and entertain 600 people, have a wine tasting, kids party, and sunday brunch for $20,000!

Post # 15
9526 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

IceStormRed:  You’re absolutely right. My husband and I have always been the kind that love big, loud family reunions and parties. My husband’s favorite thing was probably getting his groove on the dance floor. My favorite was the prayer web where our bridal party/parents all put a hand on our shoulders and then everyone else put a hand on the person in front of them so that everyone was connected in a big web while they said a blessing for our marriage! I also really enjoyed the time leading up to the wedding – we did a lot of DIY and it was a backyard wedding so we really needed a lot of help and we had so many friends and family that pitched in, it really made me feel loved and supported!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors