- 7 years ago
- Wedding: April 2012
Well here goes my first blog…Oh where to even start. My fiancé and I will be together 3 years next month. We have been engaged since September 2010. We wanted to get married this year on April 29th but we couldn’t seem to get the wedding together fast enough. So we have decided that we will do it April 29, 2012 which will work out better since it will be on a Saturday next year.
What have we done so far?
- Decided to go to Vegas and get married.
- Circumstances changed our minds for us and now we are getting married in the town we live in.
- We decided that since we are both Irish we should have an Irish wedding.
- Done tons of research on Irish Wedding Traditions.
- Picked our venue finally. We decided on a building in our city’s main park. (Still hoping my fiancé will come around to the one in the park that is a log cabin inside)
- We have figured out who we want to invite.
- We picked our colors.
- I bought the wedding dress.
- We changed our colors.
- I am selling the wedding dress now.
- Taking my time to find the casual wedding dress that I want.
- Still brooding over my tattoo dilemma.
What have I learned so far?? That I know why people use wedding planners now! It is exciting and frustrating at the same time. I am sad that I have to wait a year to marry the love of my life, but happy too that I have a year to plan everything. Now that I have more time I am going to be making pretty much everything from the veil down to the cupcakes and cupcake tree. I have gotten some amazing ideas from the DIY section. I can’t wait to start posting some of my creations.