Post # 1
Bees, I could use your help. I’m buying my dress online through Best Bridal Prices and I’m trying to cut my giant list down to about 5. I haven’t tried most of these dresses on. The ones I have, I don’t have pictures of. I’ve tried on the shapes and similar styles and know they’ll look good.
Which ones do you like? Which ones do you NOT like? Which ones do you think I should eliminate?
(For reference, I’m having a church wedding in May, followed by a cake and punch/maybe apps reception)
1. Allure 2513 ($918)
2. David Tutera Darlene ($1078)
3. Mori Lee 1612 ($932)
4. Mori Lee 1917 ($890)
5. Mori Lee Blu 5115 ($949)
6. Maggie Sottero Taleigha ($1098)
7. David Tutera Goldie ($1123)
8. Allure 2613 ($998)
9. David Tutera Gladys ($1190)
10. Moonlight J6265 ($1097)
11. Allure Romance 2565 ($998)
12. Anjolique C155 ($979)
13. Mori Lee Blu 5106 ($750)
And… last but not least… the Mori Lee Voyage 67491 ($525) also known as… my giving up dress.
Post # 3
I love David Tutera, so 7&9 are my faves!! Do you have pics of you in any of them? That would really help with feedback, or even a pic of your body type.
Post # 4
@little_d: I’ve got some pictures of me in a couple similar dresses, but not those. I’m 5’3 and wearing heels or standing on something in all of these.
Post # 5
The first is my favorite!
Post # 6
- Wedding: Either Philadelphia City Hall or a small chapel.
Voted and my favorite is 10.
Post # 7
I voted for Number 4. I just love the fitted top and the detail on the skirt. It’s beautiful! and classic.
Post # 8
I think you need to decide if you want a mermaid/trumpet or a ballgown. Make that commitment and one way or the other you will cut your list in half. Personally I’m a ballgown girl so that’s how i would go.
Post # 9
@mepayne: 3 and 6 are my preferreds, but it’s hard to say without seeing you.
Post # 10
personally I love lace and intricate detailing, but I also love a simple gown.
my top five in order and why are…
1. #3…i love it because its a lace ball gown, …this is what I bought lol, i adore lace because it is vintage, classic and timeless. That dress is gorgeous for that price imho.
2. #10 the moonlight, WOW. again classic simple but beautiful.
3. #8…i love allure gowns, period. never tried one one so no clue how they fit but really wish I had. I think this silhouette would work for you, i like you in the bottom pic of you with that similar one on. And this dress is gorgeous with the details.
4. #1 I love the random floral details, it doesn’t get any better than that! I could see this being perfect for a summer wedding…though I’m not crazy about the big wide band across the middle, for me I’d rather have that dress without that element. Elegant and flowy would be the idea.
5. #12. WOW, I could almost bump this one up a few numbers…its simple but def different but in a classic way, I think it would look amazing on you.
any of those would work I think 🙂 Have you thought about trying those on and then looking for them second hand? You would be amazed about what you can find on the second hand market new right now
Post # 11
I think your poll might be quite confusing – I don’t know if people realise they’re supposed to vote for the ones they DON’T like!
Anyway, I voted to eliminate all the natural waist ball gowns. You have a gorgeous hourglass figure so I think you should show it off with a drop waist or fit and flare.
My favourite is the Allure Romance – I just like the soft draping of it. But I also like the two David Tutera ones.
Post # 13
1, 3 and 10 are my favorites. I am confused by what you want on your poll though. vote for the ones we like or dont like???
Post # 14
What a hard choice so many beautiful options.
With your shape any of these are going to look great on you.
My favourites are 7 and 5:)
Post # 15
@bestbuddies: DON’T like… which made sense when I was writing this (the ones with the most votes would get kicked out of the running), but now it kind of doesn’t.
I’ll probably end up tallying up the comments of people’s favorites at some point.
Post # 16
I LOVE number 4, it really caught my eye as I was scrolling through.