The Shut It Up Pact 04/30-05/14

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 2
136 posts
Blushing bee

Mr. Bees original post is what brought me to the site. I really need to shut it up this week cause were going on a date… Which nothing will probably happen

Post # 3
8047 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

helllooo ladies.

That mr. bee post used to be sticky’d at the top of the waiting boards!

So happy its almost May- Ill definitely be engaged by the meeting of the parents- July 4th! Please SO dont wait to ask till July 3rd.

Post # 4
605 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

I’m having so much trouble SIU right now… my mum let slip that my SO has spoken to a jeweller approx 5-6 weeks ago about a custom e-ring. Now getting engaged is all I can think (AND TALK) about!!!! UGH!!!! 

Post # 5
132 posts
Blushing bee

Thank you again for the strength charm… Kinda needing it right now! But another date night next week! Fingers crossed for me please, I can’t go much longer!! 🙂

Post # 6
132 posts
Blushing bee

Okay, so I’ve just noticed that some bees had asked me some questions and gave me advice on last week’s SIUP thread.

We have spoken about marriage and SO has even said that August 11th 2016 will be our wedding day. He’s even got my engagement ring and wedding band Sat in front of our kettle!! How annoying!! Will try & upload the pics!! 

Being quiet sucks!! 

Post # 7
631 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

SO and I began talking about engagement 2 years ago… since then weve been through our share of discussions and me not being able to SUI. Not with him, not with friends or family, not in my own brain!! Now… HES BOUGHT THE RING!!!! Im finding it so easy to SIU now. Im not even telling anyone I know that its ordered!!! 

Friends may begin to question if im OK because Im not talking about it anymore! haha

Keep it up ladies, just had to splurge the info to someone!!!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Scou.
Post # 8
2105 posts
Buzzing bee

MrsBuesleBee:  in reaponse to you on the other thread. Men are cruel!!! Joking about engagement is just mean but I’m pretty sure he thought he was being funny. He was even being difficult about going out after he got off work to celebrate joking about how we could just stay in and do the same things we always do. He was like, I thought we didn’t need to celebrate another anniversary until our 5 year. I didn’t say it but I was thinking I better be celebrating a wedding anniversary by then, not a dating anniversary!

thanks for everyone’s support. I’ve been pretty good about the suip, perhaps because I’m so frustrated about the anniversary thing :p either way I’ve caught myself almost saying something a few times but managed to stop myself. Good luck this week ladies!

Post # 9
207 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

It’s official time for me to SIU.  I know that I’m only going to be waiting for a few more months (hopefully less than 2!), but it’s not making me any more patient.

My SO is practically giddy lately, and I’m glad he’s excited about whatever plans he’s making, but I HATE that I’m the only person who doesn’t know what’s happening.  The more he schemes the more I grill him for clues, and I don’t want to ruin everything!

Good luck to all the bees on this SIUP! I’m looking forward to reading your posts over the next 2 weeks!

Post # 10
446 posts
Helper bee

MrsBuesleBee:  Girl! You are SO close! So close! I’m crossing my fingers that it happens in MAY! I can’t wait to hear all about it!

ChristineMarie5711:  Thank you so much again for the honey pot! This thread has been a life saver for me! It helps so much to know that there are others going through the same thing and to have that mutual support!

Brickette:  Oh my! He got the ring?!?! Such good news! Do you know what it looks like? How long have y’all been togehter?

thefuturemrswindowcleaner:  My fingers are definitely crossed for you! I can only imagine how maddening it must be to be so close to getting your proposal! If they only knew how cruel it is to make us wait like this! But I bet he has something so special planned for that moment!

Scou:  COngratulations to you also! That just means you are one step closer! What does the ring look like?

Squirrelz15:  hang in there , girl. Trust me, I know how hard it is to not bring it up. I was bringing it up almost weekly for a while there. I just felt this overwhelming need for reassurance. I haven’t brought it up in at least a month, and have told myself that I won’t bring it up in May either. I’m hoping I can stick with it!

CeeceeBee:  I wonder what he may have planned???!!! I’m sort of in the same position. I know it is coming soon, and I want to know more, more more, but I want to be surprised! Waiting is so hard!

Well girls, honestly, no real news here. I am very proud of myself though, because I’ve been able to keep it shut for a good month now. For a while, I was needing that extra reassurance, especially after his brother got engaged/married, and his little sister got engaged, all within less than a month! For those of you who don’t know me, I’ve been with my SO for SEVEN years now. He has three siblings. Both of his brothers are now married, and his little sister is engaged. All of them were dating their SOs for a couple of years. The brother who just got engaged and then married a month later had not even been with his wife for a year before they were engaged (she got preggers and that is probably what sped it up, but still). For a while there, it was extremely rough. After several talks with SO, we made a huge turn, and I feel so much better about our future. He is finally ready! It’s such a huge relief. I just couldn’t bring myself to give him an ultimatum or walk away. Both of those options never seemed right. I decided to stick it out and wait. I love him too much. I know deep in my heart he is the one, and that the wait, as painful as it has been at times, will be worth it in the end.

I have a strong feeling that he could propose either this month (May) or in June. Something just feels different/ right about it all. I am crossing my fingers and keeping my mouth shut about marriage! Maybe this wait will finally be over once and for all! I can’t even imagine what it will feel like.

I feel very at peace about it all lately. Truly, I want to thank all of you so much for being my rock. It has been through the shut it up pact that I have gained so much strength to plow through my most difficult waiting moments. It has meant so much to be able to get on here and open up! Keep your fingers crossed for me, please!

Post # 11
662 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

MrsBuesleBee:  One more day and we are in the “any day now” zone girl! I am SO excited for you, can’t wait until your day comes. April went by so fast, I hope May does the same!

ChristineMarie5711:  Cute Idea! The Mr.Bee Plan is what made me join the bee, I read it and from that point on I was hooked. Thank you so much for the bravery bracelet.

Brickette:  How exciting! At lest you know something if offically in the works! Parents get so excited about these kids of things, I can only imagine how they feel knowing all the details but  not being to say anything. Hope it coming sooner than later for you!

thefuturemrswindowcleaner:  Fingers crossed for your date night!!

Scou:  Youre so much better than I am, I would be dyinggggg know what he had the ring for sure. Congrats on being so calm, cool and collected!

CeeceeBee:  My SO is also giddy about everything and im off to the side like “WHAT?!?!? WHAT ARE WE EXCITED ABOUT!?!” Haha, but thats such a good sign for you 🙂 

________________________________________________________________________________

Ladies…im dying over here. I want it to be the weekend already! As I mentioned in the last pact, SO wanted us both to plan a day this weekend. I got Sunday and I planned a fun day! Brunch, couples massage and the hot springs! But we are keeping our days a secret…so I cant tell him what I planned. He can’t tell me his either. All I know is that I need to dressed and ready to leave the house at 9am, I asked what I should wear and he said “I dont know…dress normal” haha. So I will just make sure I look pretty. Guys I hope this is it…..he has NEVER layed it in this thick before (besides birthdays or other stuff like that). Here’s to shutting it up and hoping for good things this weekend!

Post # 12
207 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

bellenola:  I wonder the same thing on a daily basis.  He’s such a ham so I’m thinking there will be others involved somehow.  It sounds like your resolve is paying off!  A couple more months of waiting (if that) will go quickly for you I’m sure!

FutureMrsJefferson:  It’s fun knowing that they’re enjoying the process, isn’t it? Even if the waiting gets to be too much… But the week is halfway over!  Have an amazing weekend! Even if there’s no ring on Saturday, it sounds like he has something awesome planned!

Post # 13
605 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2016

bellenola:  Unfortunatley I don’t know anything other than that he has spoken to a custom jewellery maker, I’m not even sure if that means he has the ring yet or if it’s in the first stages of design, the more I think about it the more I get excited!!! We’ve been together for 7.5 years now so I am more than ready for the next step 🙂 

Good on you for being able to SIU for a month now thats fantastic, I’m keeping my fingers and toes crossed that May is your month!! 

FutureMrsJefferson: I was actually shocked that my mum told me anything, I thought she would be like fort knox, I think she told me that because she knows how much I’ve been stressing about it and she just wanted to put my mind at ease, so as of right now joining this SIUP and being the first of the month (where I am) I’m so ready to SIU and be patient 🙂 

Your weekend sounds like so much fun, I bet this is it 🙂 🙂 I can’t wait to hear about it!!

Post # 14
8047 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

Squirrelz15:  I would find a nice way to say… less talk more ring. I told my guy I just didnt want to talk about anymore, I was too excited and didnt want to ruin the surprise. I didnt want to get stuck just talking about it!

CeeceeBee:  Sounds like youre in the clear! Gosh if I KNEW he had a ring I dont think I could contain myself. I dont understand how you bees who know he has it go about your daily lives!

bellenola:  Final push, girl! Awesome how youve gotten to such a good place. It will feel so much better to get a proposal in that state of mind than in a bad one.

FutureMrsJefferson:  I really hope its this weekend! Try to have a good time regardless.

My family and friends seems to think it will happen on our memorial day trip… I hope so!! I’ve been doing Pure Barre (crazy fitness classes) 4 days a week and Im so excited to get to my goal weight and build lots of muscles for beach season! Ive lost 14 lbs since January. Thats like the one thing I can focus on thats not ringringring!

We have a dress up, bowtie and big hat fancy party for the KY derby on Sat, then a friends VERY fancy wedding Sunday. Shes wearing a pink ballgown with a 10 foot train!! and apparently there’s a many course french meal by some chef bla bla bla cant wait to go!

I love getting dressed up with my guy so this is going to be a great weekend for that- we’ve been so blissful and grateful for eachother lately, I really hope all that momentum floats me into a RING ON MY FINGER. Amen!

HAPPY MAY LADIES! Summer is upon us!

Post # 15
631 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

bellenola:  UGH It has been really tough, I know the feeling. We moved to the middle of Canada away from all of our family almost 2 years ago for SOs job.. and its been REALLY hard. My only friend in this new tiny town just got engaged to her boyfriend after 11months together.. I had to take a few days to myself before I coudl celebrate with her, but I saw her the other night and we gushed and had a few glasses of wine and it was wonderful. It would be really neat if we got engaged same day cause Im expecting May or June too!!

FutureMrsJefferson: Thanks!!! Im super excited and havent even let on to SO that I know. Just been cucumber cool. Though hes acting strange now :S lol I wonder what that means…

bellenola: This is “my ring” as worn by another Bee: futuremrsrossol

. This photo was my final deciding factor actually cause I LOVE it on her and cant wait!!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Scou.
Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors