The Shut It Up Pact 05/28 – 06/11

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: How much longer till he pops the question?
    within the next couple of months : (18 votes)
    46 %
    6 months : (7 votes)
    18 %
    a year : (6 votes)
    15 %
    FOREVER!!!!! : (8 votes)
    21 %
  • Post # 2
    2105 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2015

I chose six months. In reality, I don’t know because its contingent on us selling our house and moving into a more affordable place. If this all works out he told me he would propose soon after we moved. So here’s to hoping we can sell asap!!! We already have the house lined up as we are going to purchase his mom’s house and she will be moving to a place of her own. she’s been wanting to move for a while, but hasn’t wanted to deal with selling. the house needs a little work, but is very livable and is in the area we want to settle. So i am really hoping we can sell, move and be engaged within 6 months. Yes, i am ambitious, but I am getting insanely impatient and am tired of everything getting in the way of taking the next step. I strait out told him that if we move and he decides everything needs to be fixed on the house before we get married he obviously doesn’t want to get married. I had a moment of insanity, but when you start teasing me 6 months into the relationship and we are now at 2 years without any forward motion I am allowed a moment or 2 of insanity lol.

congrats to the bees who got engaged this weekend. I hope you other ladies get your proposal very soon!

Post # 3
    57 posts
    Worker bee

I have a feeling it will be in September or October… which feels like forever. My birthday is next month, but he’s flat out said he doesn’t want to propose on my birthday. He wants it to be its own special occasion. We’re going to Cancun in August, so maybe he’ll do it then… but he’s said that he wants to be debt free when he proposes, and he just finished paying off student loans and now has 3 months left of car payments. Then he’ll have to save up for the ring… so yeah, I’m thinking September or October. We’ve talked about an October 2015 wedding, so I can’t imagine he’d give me less than a year to plan… but he’s also been to known to lie to me about stuff so that he can preserve the element of surprise. So who knows! Could be soon, could be this fall. Ahhhh patience is not my strong suit.

Post # 4
    438 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2016

I chose within the next couple of months. We’ve got the rings and she’s making plans… so it’s my best guess! 🙂 We’ll see if I’m right or not. Congrats to the bees who got engaged this past week!

Post # 5
    446 posts
    Helper bee

I’m hoping it’s in the next couple of weeks! He has the ring, and he has my dad’s blessing. I was really hoping that he might propose this weekend, but it doesn’t look like that will be the case. Ugh. Y’all, I’ve been with this guy for 7 years….I’M JUST READY FOR US TO GET MARRIED!

We have a tentative camping trip planned for next weekend. Please cross your fingers and toes for me! This wait has just gone on forever! It’s torture!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  .
    Post # 6
    1343 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2017

I chose forever because I truly have no clue!!! 🙁  But I’m backing shutting it up again.  Sigh.

Post # 7
    564 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2016

I’m doing fairly well at SIU. But my SO keeps bringing it up! He asked me the other day what kind of cake I wanted at our wedding?!

He has told me it’ll happen before the end of the summer. So I just have a few more months to go! (I Hope…he’s been known to move timelines on me before. He works part-time at a non-profit so it makes sense that financial issues might get in the way again.- But that’s why I love the guy, he’s exactly the type of person you’d expect to work for a non-profit.)

Post # 8
    249 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2014

I picked FOREVER because I’m in a pissy mood.

Doesn’t help he’s not said 2 words to me since last night when we got back from trip.

Ugh

Post # 9
    294 posts
    Helper bee

I said in the next year because he’s definitely thinking about it but I don’t know when it will happen yet. 

I’ve been very good and not said anything. The fact that his shifts recently have meant we’ve not seen each other much certainly helps 

Post # 10
    300 posts
    Helper bee

I thought it would be our anniversary month (May) but that’s not looking good. I chose the next few months, but it could be up to six. Siiiigh.

Post # 11
    419 posts
    Helper bee

Yay- new pact! I actually had an engagement dream the other night, and didn’t tell him about it! I was so proud of myself! I did really well last pact, and plan to make it this entire pact without a peep!

As for the poll, I picked next couple of months… I am being hopeful, as I know he doesn’t have a ring yet.. well, I actually don’t KNOW, but I’m assuming he doesn’t. But, he better not wait another 6 months- that would not fit our Fall 2015 plans, so hopeful for next couple of months. 

Post # 12
    36 posts
    Newbee

I’m new here and I hope you don’t mind if I join you in the SIUP this time around. I’m driving myself crazy, so I’m certain that I’m also driving my honey crazy. I know it is going to happen at some point, but he isn’t big on talking about it. I’m hoping it will happen in the next few moths, but 6 months is more realistic. Sigh. I’m so glad that I found you ladies! Good luck!

Post # 13
    1359 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2016 - Modern, Classic, Fun

I chose within the next few months, so I hope I’m right! I mentioned to him the other night in a cutest way how I’m just so excited to officially start our life together and I feel like a kid on Xmas eve “waiting” for the ring…..and he said I have to patient for the right time, and that he’s been planning his moment (aka the proposal) for over a year and a half. I’m kinda shocked he even said that! And then he said, “let’s just say this, you won’t go into the next season without being engaged.” So here’s hoping we are engaged before fall!! My birthday is in August but I don’t think he’ll do it then, it might be too cliche for him to propose on a birthday or holiday so I think July 4th is out as well. It might be a random Tuesday for all I know! ugh, every day at least once a day I think to myself, could today be the day? I just hope that I am genuinely surprised and that I don’t ruin it or see it coming from a mile away! SO is so bad at keeping secrets but I want this to be a surpire so bad!! Sorry I’m rambling, I’m just so anxious for it to happen already!!

Post # 14
    8025 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

bellenola:  it’s coming so soon!!! 100%

try to relax and ignore it around him- otherwise you might get a knee jerk proposal just to stop the sadness- you don’t want that! You be the happy go lucky gf a tinnnny bit longer.

Post # 15
    631 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2015

anniebean:  🙁 Why hasnt he said anything? I picked forever as well, cause it feels like thats how long its been and how long its going to take… :'(

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors