The Shut It Up Pact 1/14/14-1/28-14

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 4
515 posts
Busy bee

@veryberry13:  It has been easy for me to shut it up recently because he got the ring and it should be arriving any day now! I’m very excited but I won’t get to see the ring until he proposes which is hopefully sooner rather than later 🙂

Do any other bees out there know their SO has the ring?

Post # 6
271 posts
Helper bee

Woop.  New list. Good workeveryone! 44 days and over half way to my personal best

Post # 7
611 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

@daffodil89:  me! I know my SO has the ring. He’s had it for a bit over 2 weeks! I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago! Congrats to you on getting the ring!

Post # 8
611 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

@veryberry13:  Thank you for mentioning me in sticking it out! I think im on Day 29? 30? I don’t know how much longer I can be quiet! Haha! I mentioned on previous SIUP that I’m 96% it’s going to happen this weekend! Now I think I’m 99% positive! So SO usually goes to get his hair cut once every 3 weeks, but he hasn’t had his hair cut since last month!! Like before Christmas Eve! It’s so long LOL and I’m like when are you cutting it?!?!? Why are you growing it out? And he shrugs his shoulders, smiles at me and just said “don’t worry I will soon” whenever a special event is in order, like the holidays or a going to a family event whatever he always makes sure to have his hair nice and clean cut and his facial hair nice and trimmed. Sooooo…I think he’s going to cut it for the proposal hahaha!

We are both off this weekend *yay* and he hasn’t said ONE WORD after he mentioned that we should go out and do something fun this weekend, last week. I’m goin crazy! My nails are not even ering ready!! Gah I hope he tells me to get them done before the weekend or something! Anything! They’ve been bare for THEE longest. Think I might have to start wearing polish, something natural looking (work reasons) pretty soon! Need all the positive thoughts/prayers/fingers crossed I can get that it happens this weekend! Man I would be pretty embarrassed if it doesn’t! It just sounds too promising and too good to be true though! Eeeeeeepppp!!!!

Post # 9
446 posts
Helper bee

Hey girls!

I’m trying to remember what day this if for me… I think 14? Glad to see everyone is going strong. As I have not broken the pact in a couple of weeks and therefore have not talked about marriage with the SO, I have no idea where he is in the ring process. He knows what I want, he is working on saving the money, so that is where we are. The waiting has gotten a lot easier to deal with lately… that’s usually how it is for me, I go through periods where I hardly think about it to times when I can’t stop thinking about it! The next four or so weekends are booked for me… two weddings, a wedding shower that I am helping plan, my SO’s birthday, my friend’s 30th birthday bash, etc. I’m pretty nervous about the weddings, only because I know people are going to ask my SO and me about marriage. This weekend is one of the weddings and it is for one of his cousins, and every time we go to a family wedding (This will be my 9th cousin/family wedding with him!), we get bombarded. I’m just really hoping people will lay off about it.

@daffodil89:  Congrats on your ring! That is so exciting, and at the same time, I’m sure you are drowning in anticipation! I would be! Hang in there and let us know when he pops the question!

@veryberry13:  Good for you for chosing to focus on yourself and your career more. I know that it will only benefit you in the end!

@NYCkindaBee:  I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that you will get a proposal this weekend! ONly 3 days away!

Post # 10
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

YAY! I got the SIUP necklace. Im going to try to be more involved with the SUIP, I dont get on here much and you bees seem like great people! 

My SO did admit to me when he was planning on asking me……long story…I posted it on the other SIUP. He planned to ask me on his graduation day. Im not sure if thats still his plan or hes changed it.

Post # 11
515 posts
Busy bee

@NYCkindaBee:  congrats to you too! i’m so excited it’s killing me lol. can’t wait to see your ring!

Post # 12
515 posts
Busy bee

@veryberry13:  Thanks! I’m trying to wait patiently so I dont steal his thunder lol. And my ring is a vintage setting in rose gold with a .50 E VVS1 diamond 🙂 not that i’m obsessed with it or anything 😉

Post # 14
8071 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

well my SO’s brother got engaged this past weekend. I am happy for them and happy it happened in January. Hopefully it doesn’t impact our timeline for a June 2015 wedding. At this point they want to be married January 2015, so I think a 6 month buffer is plenty!

I am getting anxious though and I definitely blew the pact last weekend. I said, Im so happy for them! Only took 6 years! And SO said, “dont worry, I wont make you wait 6 years” and I glared and said “or 6 months”. He didnt confirm or deny though which seems pretty good. 

In March he will hopefully ask for my parent’s blessing. If it doesnt happen then… I dont know when we’ll see them next. Ill be really dissapointed. Trying to focus on other things: namely fitness and a career move. bluh. 

Post # 15
662 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

@veryberry13:  Yayyy! I won something in this pact! Thank you so much 🙂

Update: I am on day 39 maybe?? or 40?? Anywho….I have been so busy planning my friends bachelorette and bridal shower! I am so exicted to help her out, but as I said last week, it is making it TOUGH to shut-it-up around SO. Yesterday I wanted to say something soooooooooo bad (just a question about wanting a small or big wedding) but I went to the gym instead, haha. Im standing strong so far, hope the rest of you bees are too!

Post # 16
397 posts
Helper bee

*grumble grumble*

So I totally got thrown off the pact last week… after an awesome month of SIU-ing. I was doing so well.

We were driving home on Thursday night and I just HAD TO check up on if he has done anything toward contacting the jeweler (we’re getting it custom made) because our cruise is in 2 weeks and I was reallyyy hoping he’d do it then so when I come back I don’t have to deal with all the “Sooooo….did he propose!?!!??”  🙁

I asked him…”Did you happen to contact Adam?” (the jeweler)  and he said “No…I dont know if he could make the design you like exactly”

and I just BLEW!!!

He said “This should be about me asking you and doing this myself” and I said “Well if I knew that you were actually DOING something about it, maybe I’d shut up”  lol

Then he said he was doing something about it.

BTW…I’ve been with him 9.5 years, so you can see where I’m coming from with my impatience.

GRRRRRRRRRRR  So I guess Im not getting my cruise proposal because “It’s too obvious”

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors