The Shut-It-Up Pact 12/17-12/31

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 4
842 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2017

Yeay!!! 😀 I’ve been really good 😉 My BF actually started talking about children and how we would raise them the other day when we were at my oncle’s and met my newest cousin. So happy!!! 😀

Post # 5
842 posts
Busy bee

O don’t think I made it to the list, or is there a new list coming up? 🙂

Post # 6
292 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I’m pretty dang terrible at the SIUP. But here’s to trying again! I find it easy to think about other things with all the holiday activitites but then the jewelry store commercials bombard me and I am reminded once again. Undecided

Post # 7
451 posts
Helper bee

Hi  Verryberry!  I keep going through phases. First completely shutting it up to then talking about the future, ring everything and now that the ring has been ordered and due to come in any day now rings and engagements aren’t being mentioned (Awkward – as my 6 year old would say) but we’re discussing specifics of our marriage (starting budget planning, a joint account, we don’t live together so there will be some growing pains).  Actually I did cave somehow and say that NYE would be cool but we have the boys. Christmas day is out because of family. Christmas Eve is perfect. But that I’d rather he just give it to me 30 minutes after he picks it up. Oops. Based on the poker face I got I’d better not bring that particular subject up again. So here’s to me being back on the shut it up pact surrounding my ring and a proposal date!

Post # 8
496 posts
Helper bee

wait! Me too! Does discussing Real Housewives of Atlanta and discussing how you would handle the wedding different thatn Kandy count as breaking the pact? If not, then I am still going strong!!!!!!

Post # 9
1207 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

alright I’m here! I think this could be my last one. I’m thinking I have either 2 (birthday) or 8 (Christmas) days left on the pact either way. Ironically after I posted yesterday asking if I should ask the SO about what his plans are for my birthday, he just emailed me at work asking where I wanted to go for dinner on Thursday…so I’m glad I didn’t say anything and just let him do whatever he’s going to do. 🙂 OMG I’M GETTING SO EXCITED!!!

@bluefrog33:  I’m going to go out on a limb and say that this doesn’t technically count because you were talking about someone else’s wedding.

Post # 11
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

New pact, yay!  And I won something, woohoo!  Thanks so much!

And WOW, holy cow – this is definitely the SIUP: Holiday Edition!  This will run through NYE!

@purpledaisies:  Oh, YAY!  Glad your SO is taking you to dinner on your bday!  Good job for keeping quiet – it definitely worked!

@veryberry13:  So sorry to hear you are back at Day 1, but I think that your convo with your SO needed to happen.  I’m really sorry to hear that he is thinking you guys would do an LDR rather than get engaged.  Men are dumb 🙂

Well, Day 115 today!  After several days of my SO being a grumpy butthead, there was some signs of improvement last night.  He admitted he was in a bad mood due to various things, but mostly school being very stressful right now.  His mood was improved the rest of the night and he was actually a bit goofy and more back to his normal self.  This morning was also better.  I’m sure the mood will ebb and flow throughout the winter, since he often gets grumpy due to weather, but at least this is an improvement.  Hopefully the better mood runs through the holidays! 

How are you bees doing?

Post # 12
2179 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2024

@veryberry13 & other amazing bees… I humbly accept this Golden Honey Pot and promise to keep my mouth shut while on vacation and ((fingers crossed)) through New Years.

Post # 14
496 posts
Helper bee

@veryberry13:  I am doing well. That was a really good conversation to have with your SO and I would have been relieved to have it!   NYE is going to be a total bummer unless I concentrate on this SIUP. I am going to have to become a samurai or something in the next 2 weeks. Luckily when I went to thanksgiving with his family no one brought up the M word and I hope the trend continues at Christmas dinner.

Post # 15
842 posts
Busy bee

Ooops. Sorry ;P

Post # 16
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

@veryberry13:  Well, I am glad then that you are okay with the timeline for your future with your SO.  As long as you are happy, that is what matters!  And I think it is good that your SO was really the one leading the conversation.  To be honest, I don’t think you broke the pact since he was the one to bring it up and talk about it, but if you feel you did, then I guess starting over is the best course of action.

Aww, thanks so much!  I still have NO CLUE how I have been able to keep quiet this long.  Especially with the holidays and everyone around me progressing with their own futures (engagements, babies, etc).  Inside I have been wanting to scream!  But instead, I come here, chat with you bees, and text my BFF.  And it has been working.   As you know, I have been internally debating how long to SIU for…and I think I have come to the determination that I will SIU until the end of February.  That gets me through the ‘engagement season’ and will also mark six months of ‘officially’ living together, which is a nice round number I can use in a discussion, if necessary.  I’m still secretly hopeful he might ask before then, but I need to be prepared if he does not.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors