The Shut-It-Up Pact 12/24 – 01/02

posted 1 year ago in Waiting
484 posts
Helper bee

takes a bow* thank you, thank you!  i will cherish it :) still shutting it up here, good luck to everyone and happy holidays!

2232 posts
Buzzing bee

Shutting it up this week! Good luck everyone!

320 posts
Helper bee

Thanks @Sapphire-Dreamer:  for the pact this week!

I have a feeling the topic will be unavoidable at both of our family Christmases today and tomorrow. My tactic is: Deflection! “I’m not the one you should be asking.” “I dont know, Boo?” “We’ll see whats in the cards for 2013!” “Mmm, is that dip?”

Good luck bees!

285 posts
Helper bee

Good Luck, Bees! I got engaged on Saturday, but I am joining the pact to avoid talking about wedding planning until after New Years. I think we both need to relax and spend time with family before the chaos begins!

1522 posts
Bumble bee

i was so good! i only sent a pic to my best friend and so because i’m hilarious. my friend saw the rings i liked while ring shopping and said she wanted something bigger on my finger. i found it yesterday!

285 posts
Helper bee

@sealevels:  Wow…your rock is GAWJUS (as we say in Dallas!)…Eat your heart out, Beyonce. haha

184 posts
Blushing bee

I got a small, jewelry shaped box for Chritsmas!!!!! And it was….. earrings. 

Im joining the SIU pact from now until whenever… Lol. 

484 posts
Helper bee

@cyclingchick:  i didnt know u were in dallas. cool. me too.

i stll havent said a peep. just found out my 22yr old neice just got engaged. talk about a punch to stomach feeling. sigh* i just have to make it to january 2nd (my birthday) without saying a peep.

7 posts
Newbee

so yeah its super hard to keep quiet. My FI went through a magazine with me the other day together, looking at everything so I can’t say a word for awhile Lol.

1118 posts
Bumble bee

I did great last pact, sorry I couldn’t update – no internet at my parents.  But I am ready again for it! Bring it on!

1522 posts
Bumble bee

@cyclingchick:  *fans self* I know, right? Haha.

I did really well up until Christmas. We banged out a definite, legit timeline and now I’m shutting it up again. All I have to do is wait up to 4 more months. My last un-engaged Christmas!

Good luck, ladies!

285 posts
Helper bee

@NickiBee: Wow…didn’t know you were local either! I swear Dallas is the wedding capital of the south. The Piazza in the Village (Colleyville) is having a winter open house on 1/8. so I’m going to check out the venue and hopefully get a clue about wedding planning in general. lol 

Ouch@the 22 year old getting engaged…just hang in there, girl! You have NYE *and* your birthday coming up…that man will make a move! :)

@sealevels:  Congrats on the solid timeline! Focus on you during the next 4 months…spring will be here before you know it!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.