The Shut-It-Up Pact 12/3-12/17

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 4
422 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2014 - Rebar

@veryberry13:  So far so good lol. ladies we can absolutely do this!! 

Post # 5
196 posts
Blushing bee

I definitely need to join this for the first time! Between the constant jewelry commercials, the looming holidays, birthday and anniversary, and the seasonal rise in proposals I might lose my mind. SO has occasionally been asking my opinion of rings lately when a friend gets engaged or a movie has a proposal. But I don’t think he’s ready to take any action. I’ve been trying to play it super cool and apathetic when he brings it up, but really I feel like screaming IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT I LIKE, JUST ASK AND LET’S DO THIS ALREADY! :). I think I have a long way to go…so time to shut me up! If not for his sanity, maybe it will help mine!

Post # 6
1136 posts
Bumble bee

@veryberry13:  I broke it! I spoke to SO’s mom about our previous conversation. & then last night SO brought up saving 6 months living expenses to the tune of roughly 10,000. Which according to him should take 2.5 years or less. And then SO said we can start saving for things we want like vacation or that little ring I’d like. So I asked him so 2.5 years is a good time frame for you? He got flustered said yes then no and then said it could happen earlier than that if we apply tax returns and my bonuses. So I guess we could say I have a real timeline now.

I did ask SO if when he originally planned to propose, did he see himself picking out the ring himself or with my help. He asked if I wanted to help and I said I wanted the proposal to be a surprise, then he said he’d just pick it out himself. I said well I want to make sure I get a good one for having to wait for so long! He said I’d get a good one.

*harumph*

Post # 9
2576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@veryberry13:  How exciting! You’re the new coordinator! I will say though that it definitely works (the SIUP). I found that when I finally shut up about it and stopped having emotional breakdown after emotional breakdown (Yes… I was one of those…), SO (at the time) would start volunteering hints to me that a proposal was close. 🙂

Good luck everyone!

Post # 10
1136 posts
Bumble bee

@veryberry13:  you’re right. My friend said 2.5 years is a long time but not super long. SO wants to be financially fit which I understand and appreciate it gets frustrating sometimes. Haha.

But I am committing to joining the pact again & not speaking about it because I now know it’s not in the near future.

Post # 11
215 posts
Helper bee

@veryberry13:  WOW! Did I miss something?? I didnt know you were the new pact keeper! I need to get on here more often! I dont really get on here much over the weekends. I think you’ll do a wonderful job! 

And once agian, I got the golden honey pot! YAY!!!!!!

Post # 14
564 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

@veryberry13:  

Is this a good time to join SIUP?

I was actually told by my SO to shut-it-up. 😛

Post # 15
196 posts
Blushing bee

@veryberry13:  seriously – the “I already had it sized!” one makes me wanna throw something at the tv. In the last month or so he’s asked if I like a ring on tv or in a picture 3-4 separate times. unfortunately the answer is always no…lol so he still doesn’t know my exact taste. he also asked what is considered a “good” carat size and asked about how much my friend’s ring would cost. so he’s putting out feelers, but I know he’s no where close to shopping. I want to shut it up so I let him keep bringing it up and don’t scare him off! I can’t wait for Feb 15th when the commercials stop! 😉

Post # 16
215 posts
Helper bee

@veryberry13: Your welcome! lia’s E-ring is gorgeous! Im so happy for her! Im wondering if you and I are going to get engaged at the time we expect? Engagement twin power! Oh and I forgot to mention, not only we are we E-expecting twins but the date that you have chose as your wedding date is my SO’s birthday! How cool is that!? 

I think things are ok now! 🙂 

I went over to his house last night, I ended up not talking to him about he events that happened on Wednesday. Instead he cooked me a delicious dinner and we watch a really good movie called Mr. 3000 (a sports movie of course) and I was completely giving him a hard time, as he would say, I was picking on him 😛 Hes such a baby 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors