The Shut It Up Pact 12/31-1/14

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 5
271 posts
Helper bee

Well done for all the hard work staying quiet over the holidays! 

Post # 6
842 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2017

Hi everyone!! And good job shutting up people 😉

I’m on day 17 today, and proud! 😀

Now off to a NY party … without my SO sadly. He’s in STockholm visiting his family.

Post # 7
496 posts
Helper bee

I want to yell out so badly- what is wrong with you!!>!?? But I won’t. 🙂  I’ll continue to SIUP for at least another two weeks.  I have seen some good movement since he invited himself to my family event a few states away, got a second job (maybe to save up money faster for a ring- fingers crossed), and keeps talking about when “we” move. He knows I will be moving but he keeps adding the we. I try my best to limit my side eye….

Everyone have an awesome NYE and hopefully all the well-intentioned souls will also SIUP! and not ask about any future engagement.

Post # 9
457 posts
Helper bee

@veryberry13:  yay! Happy waiting! Thinking of going to get my nails done…not sure if waiting nails break the pact 😉 my sisters got me gift cards for christmas in hopes SO will propose soon!! I do know he bought the ring and Saturday was the expected date of arrival….so hard to keep quiet!!!!! I hope he doesn’t sit on the ring forever! 

Post # 10
662 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

Did some digging and I am on day 30!!!! I had to go back through the threads to see what day I stopped counting, haha. I feel so much better than I did the week of Christmas, so thats good news! I back to feeling like my normal self and I have no desire to talk about a wedding or being engaged (whooop!). I am hoping that I can shut it up in 2014 and not mention it at all until we actually get engaged. I want 2014 to be the year!

Post # 11
611 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

@veryberry13:  ah yayyy! Thanks so much for mentioning me. I’m really glad to be a part of this Pact. I forget what day I’m on now, I think Day 17? For me. It’s soooo hard!!! I guess he won’t pop the question til next month January! I was wrong! I thought this month but I guess not. Kind of sad but I only think of it as this is his one moment and he’s plotting something special!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL! May this year be ours! :)How’s everyone else?

Post # 12
957 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

hey girls – I’ve tried to keep quiet and it seems like I can’t do it! SO and I are in a good place and spent most of xmas period talking about the wedding, suggestions/ideas for it. I don’t think I have a need for the pact at the moment, I know I’m suppose to shut it about the proposal (which I’m trying to do) but we’ve been making plas for the wedding and starting to tell our friends about it now. 🙂

Post # 13
457 posts
Helper bee

@veryberry13:  eek!!!! Saw the jewelers number come up on his phone! Be still my heart! Playing it totally cool 

Post # 15
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

After today, I need to be on this pact because waiting is driving me nuts. Add me please 🙂

Post # 16
338 posts
Helper bee

@veryberry13:  thanks! So day 1 for me, I wrote.another post with update about the ring from my SO and that’s why I need to SIU haha also my birthday is at the beginning of january and I know he won’ propose then which I would have loved so I definitely need to SIU more than ever!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors