The Shut it Up Pact 2/11-2/25

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 4
97 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I’ll join up. Between Valentine’s day, our anniversary in March and the fact that I know the ring is sitting in our safe, it’s all I can do not to shake a proposal out of him at this point.

Post # 5
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Plantation

I’ll be joining as well! Smile

Post # 6
515 posts
Busy bee

@veryberry13:  you can take me off the pact 🙂 He asked my father for his blessing this past week so it should be happening any time now. plus, HE keeps bringing it up so i don’t feel the need to shut it up anymore. good luck to you ladies!!

Post # 7
457 posts
Helper bee

@veryberry13:  Ah I am totally starting over! I broke it! I can’t help it lol I’m just so excited! SO has pretty much promised that it won’t be happening on Valentine’s day…so the conversation just kind of happened! I also was told that he is frustrated because he is waiting for my dad to return his phone call… *sigh*… I’m kind of really sick of waiting today.

Post # 8
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

My SO and I had a bit of a convo about marriage over the weekend.  He brought it up 100% himself.  He still seems to be scared at the idea of marrying again because he was adamant that I make sure I am happy with him and would have a happy life with him.  He told me he really wants me to think about it and make sure it is what I want.  This kind of annoys me because we have had the same conversation before and I told him that he is the person I want to be with and the person I want to marry.  He’s known this for a long time now.  He seems to have some crazy insecurities that I don’t know how to make go away.  Over time I thought he was improving and getting more comfortable, but now I’m not so sure.  I want to seriously throttle his ex…she made this wonderful man with so many good qualitites and a normally happy person into an insecure worrier who often feels like if he marries again he’ll get the same result.  It sucks and it is frustrating.  I will still wait it out for him as long as I can…he is the one for me, I know it…but it is just so dang hard when he gets this way.

Post # 10
3044 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

I need to join the pact! I’ve been doing it myself since Saturday/Sunday. He recently PROMISED we could get married but hasn’t been really forthcoming about WHEN. Then on Saturday he lete know it was hard talking to me because somehow every conversation turned into ‘so when are we getting married/engaged/looking at rings/whatever wedding?’ No more, I say. No more! 

Post # 11
397 posts
Helper bee

I haven’t been posting too much lately….because I’ve been busy “beating a dead horse” and nagging Embarassed

It’s time to jump back on the SIU wagon…because…. my friend gave me a clue that it’s going to happen SOON!

We went on vacation 2 weeks ago and I was certain that it was going to happen then,  but he apparently told my bff that it was too obvious and that he really wants it to be a surprise, so he was going to wait until after.

Then lastnight my internet on my phone was acting strange and I was wondering if they cut off my sevice or if it was just the provider..so I looked on my SO’s phone internet to see if it was working (we have the same provider) and he had an open page of the jeweler that we’re getting my ring made at!!!! 

So this is all enough to make me willingly calm down and SIU and let him do his thing, because I’m reassured that it should be soon and I should let him just do his thing and have his surprise proposal Innocent

Post # 12
662 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

@veryberry13:  Golden honey pot for me! Whoohoo! Thank you so much 🙂

To be honest, when I broke the pact last week I took advantage of it and asked a few questions that I had been DYING to ask. I didnt ask too many, and I didnt ask them all in row. The perk of it was that SO noticed that I hadn’t been talking about it. When I asked a question about wedding stuff he said “What made you think of that? You’ve so busy I kind of thought you were over it. Glad to know thats not the case” YAYYYYYYYYY!!! Even though I broke the pact, he still felt like I barely bring it up (which is the whole point right?). I was SO happy, but played it cool, haha.  So lets consider today day one, I have my countdown app in place and ready to SIU until a proposal comes!

We have romantic plans for this weekend and I am so ready for a break from school and spend some time with my amazing man. I hope we all are able to shut it up over Valentines Day and are able to prepare ourselves for the dozens of enagements to come this weekend. Good luck bees!

Post # 13
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

@veryberry13:  I hope you are right.  I have been thinking the same thing, so I hope that he works through it and things will be okay.  I’m just glad that he has been thinking about it.

Post # 14
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Hi bees! Day 121… kind of hard to believe I’ve SIU this long! My latest goal is to stick it out until V-day, so not much longer to go. 

I’ve enjoyed my reign at the top of the pact, but after this weekend I’m thinking about purposefully breaking it. I think it’s time my SO and I had another marriage talk. The next time I can fit it into conversation in a semi-natural way, I think I will. Then it will be back to day 1!

Keep going strong, bees! 

Post # 15
15 posts
Newbee

Count me in. SO has the ring (well, he’s had it for close to 2 months now) which hopefully means it’s coming soon… don’t want to spoil it!

Post # 16
173 posts
Blushing bee

OK, I need to do this! SO says we’ll be engaged before our 5-year anniversary (mid-April) and hinted it may even happen before a big girl’s vacation I have planned for the end of March.

And I have been TERRIBLE about NOT SIU it lately with my poor SO.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors