(Closed) The Shut-It-Up Pact 4/9 – 4/14

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 4
2497 posts
Buzzing bee

@Booknerd:  Thanks for awarding me the Golden Honey Pot! It was an exceptionally good waiting week for me! Not sure if you know this, but I recently saw that bee necklace for sale on Groupon. Wouldn’t it look so cute on someone’s bouquet?

Good luck to this week’s pact-members and thanks to Booknerd for putting this together!

Post # 5
2133 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Sign me up again! SO and I had a rough one last week. We broke up for 8 hours…it was one of the worse 8 hours of my life! During the break up SO mentioned how it was such an awful thing especially since we both loved emerald cut diamond rings (weird that he mentioned that among other things we have in common lol). Now that we are back together I want to talk more about our timeline but I’m committed to the SIUP…Oh and we met 10 months ago today! Yes, we met on 6/9 get ya minds out of the gutta…..Anywho, 2 more months until I start talking again πŸ™‚

Post # 7
191 posts
Blushing bee

Add me to this pact. I plan to shut it up until June!

Post # 8
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I’m in!  Pretty sure he’s proposing in late May, so I need to keep my mouth shut until it happens!  I want to start talking wedding stuff but feel like I need to let him have his moment to shine and then we can focus on that πŸ™‚

Post # 9
430 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Add me to the list!  I’ve been very good about not talking to him about it.

Post # 10
46 posts
Newbee

Im in love with the SIUP.  Thank you @Booknerd:  for putting it together every week. It’s very helpful in keeping me accountable. 

Keep it up everyone!!!

Post # 11
114 posts
Blushing bee

I’m in again. I’m going to go full throttle with Mr Bee’s plan starting this week. I will be too busy working out and decorating my house to be sad about my non engaged status! If it doesn’t happen by August I’m giving myself permission to have another serious talk with him.

Post # 12
772 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I’m going again πŸ™‚ had a slip up on Saturday but it wasn’t too much. 

Post # 13
7240 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

@Booknerd:  WooHoo!! I got longest! πŸ™‚ Thanks for running this again. You have no idea how helpful it is for me!

That said… Since the last pact ended last night and this just went up a few hours ago, I’m giving myself a pass on my slip-up this morning πŸ˜› Stupid BFF’s wedding is my kryptonite! SO & I somehow started talking about guest lists & the dreaded +1 and he said he thought you sent out wedding invitations like you do graduation announcements. “You know, you send them to everyone you know, like, to let them know you’re getting married, but no one really goes.” What the actual f***? My head almost exploded. I took a deep breath and said “Honey, you’re just using that as your frame of reference because you keep getting degrees!” and explained that it’s an INVITATION… so people assume they are INVITED and that, techinically, you shouldn’t talk about your wedding to anyone who isn’t invited because it’s rude. SIGH. When we do actually get engaged, I may have my work cut out for me. 

Post # 14
241 posts
Helper bee

I’m in… let’s see how long I can go this week! Saturday is an anniversary for us.. not even sure he realizes it though even though I keep hinting at it

Post # 15
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’m in too.  This is my first time doing it Smile  I feel like it has been brought up more and more recently and I need to nip it in the bud.

Post # 16
352 posts
Helper bee

i need some.SERIOUS shut it up this week! my new goal is to live Mr Bee’s plan.

good luck everyone!

The topic ‘The Shut-It-Up Pact 4/9 – 4/14’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors