The Shut-It-Up Pact 6/11 – 6/25

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
6964 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2015

@Booknerd:  Awww. Thanks! 🙂

I’m in for the next round, and hopefully not spending as much time on the Bee in the meantime. SO has been all wedding talk since my BFF’s wedding 10 days ago, but now we’ve hit a snag. Basically, because of his debt repayment he doesn’t want to get married for 2 years, which is fine. I clarified that it was like a wedding in 2 years, not start planning in 2 years. But… then he basically said the engagement would happen in 6 months to a year. I totally get why and I understand. I can’t really bitch about him not saving money/repaying the debt faster because I’ve been unemployed and really barely contributing. Still, I’m kind of bummed. I thought FOR SURE that it would be this year and now that’s sort of up in the air. 

None of this is helped when he does shit like, while watching Marshall & Lily’s wedding on How I Met Your Mother and Barney says “You may now kiss your bride” SO freaking kisses me. Grrr. 

ANYWAY… that’s all to say that along with shutting up I also need to not think about it so much. Oh, and get a freaking job. Seriously, I haven’t even landed an INTERVIEW in months. 

Post # 4
1241 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

I’m in, but I’m likely to fail in a somewhat spectacular fashion.

Post # 5
2661 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

I’ll have to wait until the next round…we’re ordering the ring this week! After that, I want to try and SIUP while he figures out his engagement plan (we’ve picked a week, he’ll pick the exact day, where and how)!

Best of luck to everyone!!

Post # 7
2576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I am in especially as I know a certain *something* has been purchased… Now I just wait quietly… 🙂

Post # 8
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

I’m in!

Post # 11
1207 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

@Booknerd:  back in! I failed again though, but for good cause….he’s buying THE RING! Omg omg! He bought it on Saturday but I believe he’s making payments for a few months! Holy cow this is soooo exciting..I can’t believe it’s really gonna happen! Anyway I’m going to help pick up some other household bills so he can pay it off faster so he gave me the heads up this weekend and its pretty much all I talked about on Sarurday. So, I REALLY need to zip my lips from now until further notice. It’s really funny though, that my mom asked me for an update on Saturday night, but I didn’t tell her. I think that I’ll extend the SIUP to my family as well so that everyone can be surprised whenever it finally happens. So there’s my big news! I hope everyone has a great 2 weeks!! 

Post # 12
1241 posts
Bumble bee

@Booknerd:  I haven’t failed yet. Go me! 🙂 thanks for your faith, but I don’t know if I can go another week. We have a trip planned for this weekend, so it will be interesting if I can manage it.

Post # 13
6964 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@Booknerd:  Oh man. That really sucks. 🙁 I’m sorry you’re having a hard time with him. 

Post # 14
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

I’ve been doing good keeping my mouth shut.  My SO has mentioned a few things here and there, but nothing straight up engaged/marriage related.  I’ve mostly just replied with a few shrugs and comments, but haven’t began any sort of a discussion with him.  I’ve been chomping at the bit to say something, but I’m trying to keep quiet!!

Post # 15
6964 posts
Busy Beekeeper

This is slightly off topic, but in my efforts to keep my sanity, I’m limiting what I read on the Bee. Here are threads I will NOT read:

• Show Me Your (this sort of) Ring! (I don’t need to be lusting over rings!)
  • ANYTHING with the word “moissanite” in the title (Dude. I know what it is, I don’t need to read ANOTHER debate on it)
  • Anything posted in “emotional” or with “drama” in the title that already has more than 10 responses. (The OP has already heard everything there is to say and the thread is probably getting dramatic.)
  • Proposal stories on any day other than Monday. (I click through the “newest engagement stories” when The List comes out, and then save myself from dreaming the rest of the week!)

Post # 16
1241 posts
Bumble bee

@MexiPino:  I’ve been cruising “the lounge” and “relationships” just to get my mind off waiting. I also don’t look at rings, although the mossianite threads amuse me, because holy crap! People are cray cray.

-hugs- we will get through it.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors