The Shut-It-Up Pact 7/30 – 8/13

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Woo, I won some awards this week!  I think that is the first time!  Hurrah!  Cool

I’m currently at day 30 of my personal SIU pact.  Hoping to keep it going as long as I can.  So…I hope to get through this next two week period with no difficulty.  Fingers crossed!

Post # 4
1241 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@MexiPino:  Thanks Lia! You’re the best. You should get an award for doing the list so long too!

Whoo! An award! I did start a secret Pintrest board. But I haven’t touched it in weeks.  I just have to keep it quiet for about six more months! I’m so excited!

Post # 6
4483 posts
Honey bee

I have a secret board too!

Post # 7
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Yup, totally have a secret Pinterest board!  I even used a fake name so my SO would never be the wiser, even if he discovered it!!

Post # 8
957 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I’m joining, it seems that me and SO know where we are right now (we have the date however current finances are not as happy), I think I just need to ‘shut it’ for now as things cannot happen any faster at the moment. a proposal for this year is still ‘likely’, we’ve discussed the wedding in detail and now I think I need to let it be for a while. 

Post # 9
1625 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I took a break from the pact because SO and I decided to start planning/venue visiting before the official proposal to make sure we would be ready for a wedding next June. I’m actually happy to say he has been way more excited and willing to talk about/plan the wedding than he ever was about rings and proposing haha! But August is when he has said he will buy the ring.. SOOO I need to SIU and let him come to me with these things now that it is almost here!

Post # 10
1241 posts
Bumble bee

@kandykane1:  I actually use a different name here than I do elsewhere on the internet so that if he does stumble across my account, he won’t know it’s me. 🙂 I should probably use a different icon though, he knows this one. LOL

Post # 11
4483 posts
Honey bee

@PenguinLove:  same boat, lol. We picked 1 day after your date and we’re working toward it, but things need time

Post # 13
957 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

@Laurenplusalex:  100%, we seem to have a similar story! SO and me have started new jobs (mine 2 months ago and SO’s yesterday) so it depends on that as well. it’s quite good for keeping me busy as my shop’s ‘grand’ opening is on friday so I’ll be a busy bee so I’m hoping it should help! 

Post # 14
4483 posts
Honey bee

@PenguinLove:  he just started a new job, and, long story short, I may be looking for one

Post # 15
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

Hooray award! 😀 congratulations everyone for getting through two weeks! And thank you liability for being our awesome ringleader <3 I have two months to go on Monday ^^

@Laurenplusalex:  good luck with the job! 

Post # 16
1193 posts
Bumble bee

I am so hoping this is my last check in to the SIU pact. Crossing fingers that it happens this weekend. He has the ring, we are going out of town, and both of our sets of parents will be around, so it could be it. I know it will happen this summer, so I won’t be too disappointed if it doesn’t, but here’s to wishing for good things! Think good thoughts for me bees!

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors