(Closed) The 'Shut It Up' Pact 8/13- 8/18

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1403 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  Happy belated birthday!  It sounds like you have a ton of stuff going on this weekend, which will be awesome and challenging at the same time!  Your anniversary idea sounds so sweet and fun!

This week I FINALLY GET TO SEE MY SO AGAIN!  It’s been six weeks since I last saw him, and 12 weeks since we began our summer LDR.  We’re both ready for it to be over.  I’m much better about not bringing up engagement stuff when I’m with him versus when we’re apart and I don’t get to talk to him as much as I’d like to.  I’m flying down to meet him in Lafayette for a few days, and then we’re going to Destin for a long weekend!  I can’t wait!

Post # 4
2565 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I am so glad this is starting today – we were at the mall over the weekend.  Bad place for waiting bees.  BAD.  We had a mini “discussion” (ahem) after the third jewelry store we passed without him saying a word.  Then he dipped me in the mall…  It was cute and romantical and we went on about our day, lol. I am going to shut up this week about anything marriage related!

Post # 5
370 posts
Helper bee

Im joining in on this. I didn’t bring up anything engagement related this past weekend — hmm well no serious discussions anyway but I did drop few major hints I wonder if those count? lol

Well this week I promise myself and to all of you bees i will say nothing. zero. zip!!

Post # 6
868 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

yes. I am in the this pact. Hanging out with married friends may be awesome an subliminal message even though i’m sure that’s NOT why you picked them for the concert, just sayin’…also GREAT marriage spot, belvedere castle is soooo romantic and the shakespeare garden is just perfect. 

Post # 7
174 posts
Blushing bee

My SO made me promise to “trust him” and not bring it up for ONE MONTH! Ugh.. So I will gladly join the pact!

Post # 8
286 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  I’m in! My ring might be getting delivered this week (eek!) and I have got to just shut up and stay cool for however long it takes him to pop the question.  Good luck!!! And happy anniversary Smile

Post # 11
275 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I’m defintely joining this. Even though SO told me to show him rings I liked, I’m not saying a word wedding/marriage/ring related for the next week after our extensive two talks both Thursday and Friday night.

Plus on top of it, we had a WONDERFUL weekend together & we didn’t even do anything special. He put up shelves around the house, we cooked together all weekend, we watched a hilarious movie, went out one night for drinks, we just REALLY enjoyed each other companies & I think it was because we finally had these talks and we both now know we are on the exact same page, no less or no more, and it feels great. He said to me several times this weekend, “This was a really good weekend, I really enjoyed myself.” I felt the exact same way. There is comfort in knowing your partner is just as ready as you, you can sit down and relax, enjoy the ride. I even got in the shower this morning with an erasable message on the mirror, “I love you baby, have a good day!” So sweet.

Point is though, I’m going to enjoy the ride for a bit. If he brings it up, okay, I’ll talk. Otherwise, I’m keeping quiet!

Post # 12
140 posts
Blushing bee

Shutting it! Of course I won’t see him much this week, which will make it way easier.

Post # 13
1417 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m in!! I didn’t mention it today at all! So I’m ready to do it for a whole week!! (hopefully) Good luck ladies!

Post # 14
123 posts
Blushing bee

I’m in! I’m in a good place with this waiting thing finally, and so now that I’m feeling much more sure that he’s on the same page, I hope I can keep quiet for a little while, enjoy things, and just let everything take it’s course.

Post # 15
1211 posts
Bumble bee

Good luck! I need to join, haha. I’ve got weddings on the brain. We just attended a weekend of wedding festivities. After the wedding, a group went out, where my SO proceeded to tell me all about how the DJ at our wedding will be better and how he’s going to personally transcribe a song-by-song playlist for the guy. I can’t stand the waiting! I held my tongue and didn’t say anything, but just had happy thoughts on the inside that he actually DOES think about our future wedding. =) Ok, back to keeping mouth shut.

Post # 16
174 posts
Blushing bee

@Sapphire-Dreamer:  I agree, it is just really hard for me to believe things unless they are actually happening. Also I know he hasn’t bought a ring yet. It is really hard not to bring it up because we started planning for 11/02/13. 

You’re right though. We CAN do it. That is why we have the Bee (to vent).

The topic ‘The 'Shut It Up' Pact 8/13- 8/18’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors