The Shut-It-Up Pact 8/13 – 8/27

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

Thank you for the mention! Sort of makes 

up for my recent disappointing news lol 😀

I was wondering about not joining again because I don’t think it makes a difference either way if I bring it up or not, but what the hey, I feel better by *choosing* not to talk about it and you ladies are awesome ^^ so here’s to another two weeks.

Thank you for being the pact keeper lia <3

Post # 4
668 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Well, it worked! SO (now FI 🙂 proposed last night! Can’t stop grinning…

Post # 7
271 posts
Helper bee

second time is the charm,  right? I am in!  Hopefully I will do better this time.

@LoveBugBee:  Congratulations!! 🙂 look forward to reading your story and seeing pics

Post # 8
606 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Omgosh this is perfect- I made a promise to myself to stop mentioning getting engaged/e-rings etc 🙂 woooooo I’m in!!! I have a few months probably until he asks so we will see how I do this run! Good luck, girls!

@LoveBugBee congratulations!! How exciting!

Post # 9
1241 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@MexiPino:  Oh Lia… I keep messing up. I’ve been talking about it nonstop for several days. Not engagement, but the wedding ceremony itself. We’ve been discussing what we want and don’t want. 

@LoveBugBee:  Congratulations!!!!

Hopefully I can do better this next week.

Post # 10
3268 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@MaidMarian:  Thanks for the very sweet compliment in the last SIU thread. Smile I am glad you think I am pleasant on here! I try to be nice but honest in real life and on here, too, and I’m happy that that comes across, at least sometimes.

@MexiPino:  AM I EVER IN!! I saw an email from a jeweler who makes a ring I emailed to my SO 6 months ago, on his computer last night, so I must shut it up for real now! I didn’t snoop, he and I were looking at something on his email and there it was. I pretended I had not seen anything. Innocent

No more worrying if he really wants this to start going somewhere anymore. Now it’s time for me to just not bring it up and hope for the best! (Aaahh cue nerves about him talking to my parents :/ ).

Post # 11
3268 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@LoveBugBee:  Congratulations!! I am starting to think shutting it up to some degree works pretty well too. 🙂

Post # 12
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

@LoveBugBee:  wey! That is so awesome! 😀 many many congrats to you!

Post # 13
957 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

I should try again? is it worth it? I have the biggest mouth in the history of ever, I’m not sure how much difference it’ll make? he would probably like it, we did have a good talk and he said he’s deadly serious about doing it and wouldn’t have agreed to our wedding date he wasn’t. so maybe it’s best to be quiet and let him plan? he’s not much of a planner and I can imagine he just deciding to do it one day. I can only try!! aha. 

Post # 14
4483 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@PenguinLove:  I’m in the same place. He says he wants to marry and we’ve pinned down a date. Surely that means he plans on proposing at some point. I mean, right!

Post # 15
957 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

@Laurenplusalex:  pahaa, you think right? I know SO hasn’t thought about when/how/where of the proposal yet or looked at rings, he admited the other day he was worried about choosing something I would like. we’re trying to move house to somewhere bigger at the moment (which is exciting in itself) so that’s more on his mind than a proposal. he said ‘maybe’ it’ll be this year. 

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors