The Shut-It-Up Pact 8/28 – 9/10

posted 3 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
1241 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@MexiPino:  Ooo prizes! Shiny prizes! 🙂 Thanks!

Can we add prizes? 

I don’t know what it should be for, but it’s pretty!

Post # 5
1343 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Congrats to all!  I’ve re-started my SIU pact over since it ended over the weekend.  So today is day 4…we’ll see how it goes for these next two weeks.  I really have nothing to talk about with SO on the engagement/marriage front since our big convo.  I just have to keep quiet and try to focus on our relationship and our connection.  Good luck to everyone!

Post # 7
1248 posts
Bumble bee

i have been so proud of myself yall!! Keeping quiet has actually helped me feel less anxious about the wait!! I’m shutting it up because i am really confident that proposal is coming within the next 2 weeks (possibly the next 4 days!!!! eeeeek!!!) Good luck everyone!!!

Post # 8
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

Eee! I got the honey pot AND the necklace! I feel so special ^^

Proud of us all making another two weeks!Here’s to another two :3

@MexiPino:  many congratulations on your upcoming anniversary 😀 I hope it’s wonderful for you! And thank you forbeing an amazing pact-keeper <3

@theEguarantee:  how exciting that this may be your last pact! All the best xx

Post # 9
3268 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I broke it in the last several days– but now it is very clear to my SO what I like/need in an e-ring, and he says that I can count on him to do this with initiative!!! EEEEEEKK!!! So now he knows what I like in stone and band, and NOW I can shut up. For real. No more talking about it unless he brings it up! I’m in for 2 weeks and I’m going to try and post here regularly to keep myself accountable.

Post # 10
172 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Good luck ladies!!! I think I only managed to SIU for a few days :/ but I’m so glad I did! I think he would have waited longer if I hadn’t. 

Post # 11
271 posts
Helper bee

Aww, I got the longest SIUP necklace and then failed yesterday. I was baby sitting my nieces and nephew and  I was teasing my 5 year old niece about her ‘bf’ and then jokingly said “remember you can’t kiss him till your married though” and she said  “but you kiss Mr X and you’re not married.” I replied with “no, I don’t kiss him,, at least not on the lips :-P” then the questions came like “when are you getting married? would you say yes? when willl he ask?” Luckily SO laughed it off. However, this all got relayed to their mum (my sister) today and they ended up with them all teasing him…. Again… he just laughed it off. he had to go off to play his weekly football game before he left. wonder if he’ll comment when he gets in..

Day 1 starts tomorrow.. (aiming for a personal best now).. 

What is your personal best bees? 

Post # 12
271 posts
Helper bee

massive congratulations to all the recently engaged bees and keep it up to all those patient bees 🙂

Post # 13
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

@LilMonkey:  My personal best was about 33 days I think… KandyKane was doing awesomely at over 50 (though sounds like she’s starting again now), currently I’m on 19/20 with about 35 days to go (till I’m letting myself bring it up) 😀

Post # 14
80 posts
Worker bee

I’ve never done one of these before, but being a lurker on here for a month or two and wanting to keep quiet to my SO about anything wedding-related I figured I’d join in! It’s been especially hard these past couple of days because we’ve already gone ring shopping, he drops hints, and we’re celebrating our 6-monthiversary weekend after next. Zipping it up to give him some breathing room! 

Post # 15
271 posts
Helper bee

@MaidMarian:  You have inspired me. January 5th will be 100 days then I can bring it up. A rather ambitious aim but got to aim high! 🙂 Good luck with your pact! 🙂

Post # 16
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Okay, I am ready for the Shut It Up Pact.  I have been lurking on the Bee for a while but finally signed up last week.  When my SO and I were out celebrating his birthday on August 17th he told me “worst case scenario” for a proposal was 4 weeks which would be September 14th.  So hopefully I can Shut It Up until at least the 10th!  I think I may have mentioned something yesterday, whoops!  But I am going to toally keep quiet until the 10th.  At least.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors