- 12 months ago
- Wedding: November 1999
Hello Waiting Bees!
We did it! We made it through two weeks of the Pact! YAY!! I’d like to take a second right at the start to congratulate our very own Laurenplusalex on her happy engagement! Good job comepleting the pact, sister!
The game show where we see how long these lovely bees can keep their mouth shut and not mention anything ring/engagement/wedding/marriage related to their SO’s or anyone else highly significant in their lives (ie: mom’s, BFFs, Coworkers, ect.).
The Golden Honey Pot: YOURS to fill with DIY projects from Pintrest or to fill with a delicious nectar of your choosing to sip from like the Queen Bee You are! *woot woot*
This pact’s winner is the wonderful purpledaisies! You can do it!
*Sings* For when ya feeling crazy, down and blue, know that the BEES Are there for you.
The Triple-Bee-Friendship Bracelet: For the ladies who encourage the rest of us to keep staying quiet and relisient no matter what happens in your life!
This pact’s winner is this the ever awesome NotablySidedJP! You’re such a great support to your fellow bees!
The Strength of Will BEE Badge: For the ones who stay strong no matter what happens even when others bring it up, have special events or something that tests their strength, they will themselves to be quiet!
This pact’s winner is the quiet LilMonkey for shutting it up even when it’s getting REALLY REALLY hard!
CONGRATS to this pact’s winners! I know 14 days is hard (trust me, I know!) but we are here for each other and we can do it!
The Longest SIUP Pact Necklace: For the ladies who have been in the pact the longest without breaking any rules! We’ve got a lot of ladies who have been sticking it out… kandykane1, & Creiddylad… I’m so proud of you all!
Remember, we are all here for each other. This pact is there if-and-only-if you feel you need it. There will be times when it is perfectly acceptable to NOT shut-it-up and it is up to each individal bee to decide weither to participate in the pact each week.
Here are the rules/exceptions:
* This is only good for our SO’s. But If you are feeling the need to ‘Shut It Up’ in front of other people, then please share.
* If our SO’s (or Mom, sister, best friend) mention Rings/engagement/wedding/marriage first (related to yours or someone else) then we have the right to respond, but be cool about it.
* I see we have a few Engaged Bees playing lately in order to give the SO some breathing room and become so envolved with planning that SO/FI feels overshadowed, which can happen in the first few months of engagement.
How you can BREAK the pact:
If your SO catches you:
• Watching a wedding show
• Surfing wedding porn on Pinterest
• On the Bee Boards and he makes a face
Or if you:
• Start a wedding related conversation with SO
• Watch more than one wedding show on Netflix or Hulu a week
DISCLAIMER: All Prizes & Points are fictional. I do not know where to get these items. I just looked on Google Images for Bee Themed Prizes. Do an image search if you wish to actually have these items. Time to practice stealth, bees! Good luck!
What I find that is cool about the pact is that it isn’t about denying your feelings or keeping mum on a subject that is important to you. It is about ACCOUNTABILITY!
Other then that, have fun Bee-otches.