The Shut-It-Up Pact 9/24-10/8

posted 11 months ago in Waiting
1233 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@MexiPino:  Thanks for doing this sweetheart.

I am going to go in again. He’s got midterms, and needs to concentrate, so I really have to be quiet. It’s going to be hard though. *sigh*

720 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I’ve failed at this before, but I’m re-committed! SO has the ring in the apartment somewhere, so I just need to stick it out a little longer. Hoping this will be my most successful (and last) attempt to SIU!

947 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

@MexiPino:  woot! I won! its tough..a male coworker was telling me that he got engaged over the weekend and I’m really happy for him! But it was both encouraging and little painful to hear about how long he planned and how he took her parents out the week before. It was very nice to hear all this from a guys perspective…apparently he did everything on his own, picked the ring himself and everything. It kinda gives me hope that ONE day (god willing before the end of the year!) my SO will put his “plan” into motion. I’m tired of waiting. So, I thought I was ok with everything yesterday (because I know better than to compare my relationship to anyone else’s) but no..I kept my mouth shut but totally picked a random fight about folding laundry! I really just wish they could understand how this waiting feels! Though according to my coworker, maybe they do, a little. He said he couldn’t wait to get it over with once he decided to propose so that they could just tell everyone. anyway, here’s to another 2 weeks. I’m actually glad my classes just started up again. Hopefully that helps keep the crazy at bay!

91 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I’m new to this pact so I’m going to give it a try. I bring up the wedding topic a lot to my SO. Maybe if I don’t something will become of it lol

1036 posts
Bumble bee

I’m in again!  I’m up to day 31 on my personal SIU pact, so I need to keep with it and keep my mouth shut.  He’s been a lot more sweet and a bit mushier recently, so maybe keeping my mouth shut is working.  Fingers crossed!

3268 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

@MexiPino:  Thanks for the necklace!!! :) I’ve never won anything in the SUIP before! Also, thank you for being the pact-keeper!

I am still doing well at this. Seemingly my need to bug my SO has gone away with knowing that he is actually looking for (or maybe has already purchased) a ring. In for another 2 weeks! 

This might get harder in late October, when we go to his cousin’s wedding. Over the summer, I thought we might be engaged by the time of the wedding (not that we would make it pulblic there, of course). I think he must be waiting for me to be done with classes in December. Uggghhh, school, hurry up and go away already!

160 posts
Blushing bee

Hi Bees, I was unofficially trying to shut-it-up last week, but I mostly failed. I’m partly blaming my SO, though, because he’s the one who brought up weddings! But instead of playing it cool and reacting calmly to his wedding ideas, I mostly used it as an opportunity to complain about how I want to get married sooner. Then I used the fact that he started the inital conversation to bring up weddings two more times that week!

Anyway, I’m joining officially this time, and I’m going to be strong! 

227 posts
Helper bee

eppp! another prize! hurrah :-) . well done bees. keep it up

366 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@MexiPino:  We went to beerfest over the weekend and SO’s best friend is in town from across the US. SO passed out in the back seat of his truck and his best friend and I went to a bar. I told him I knew SO had a ring… Embarassed. I asked him the next day to not let SO know that I know he has it because it would upset him. He really wants to surprise me. I don’t know if that counts as failing the SIUP, but it feels like a failure…

His best friend assured me he wouldn’t tell and that he was really excited for us, so hopefully he doesn’t, but they tell each other everything, so we’ll see.

2061 posts
Buzzing bee

I SERIOUSLY NEED THIS.  I have disillusioned myself to honeslty believing that have been ‘shutting it up’ but found out last night that I can’t even watch HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER without coming down with severe verbal sickness of the mouth and will ramble to ANYONE about marriage, my BF, my BFF, my co workers omg even my boss!!

NO MORE!!!  I need this!! 

2061 posts
Buzzing bee

@veryberry13:  ps….i (sorta) brought it up today at lunch with my BF BUT only as a ‘sry i brought it up last night’ and then i went on a walk with my co workers and talked about it.  so as of 3P EST I am totally following this!

1373 posts
Bumble bee

No prizes for me this week but am 18 days strong on my personal pact! :D

As such I have nothing interesting to report (certainly no progress here lol), but 2.5 years is in 10 days :D and thank you lia for being a lovely pact-keeper <3

108 posts
Blushing bee

I totally failed this week!!! Me and SO have been together the longest out of all my friends (and even his friends)…we always get that question – when are u 2 gonna get married and I always say I DONT HAVE NO RING ON THIS FINGER….ughhhh

You must log in to reply to this topic. New to Weddingbee? Sign up to join the conversation!