- 8 years ago
- Wedding: August 2010
Reasons why PenguinGal is stressing:
1. Her wedding is in Ohio where all of her family is but she lives in FL.
2. Her mother has done most of the planning and communication has not been very good on either end. For example, it came out this past weekend that her mother was trying to hire a harp player for the cocktail hour portion of the reception without telling PenguinGal! PenguinGal doesn’t really even LIKE harp music nor does PenguinGuy!
3. Her wedding dress came in and was too small, as in too small to be altered to fit. So she needed to get a new dress.
4. Her mother came down to help shop for a wedding dress which was a help. HOWEVER, her mother also recently got a cast taken off of her broken wrist and still isn’t allowed to drive. This means that this past Monday and Tuesday, PenguinGal went off to work where she was on site climbing ladders, taking measurements and walking around construction sites for meetings in the FL heatwave, her mother was sitting and reading books/napping in the air conditioned Penguin abode. So after work PenguinGal just wants a shower and a cold drink and her mother is forcing her to take her to the beach and out shopping for tacky beach souvenirs. (She called them tacky, not me!)
5. She still has oodles of stuff to take care of to finish planning for the wedding. Actually, she hasn’t even booked plane tickets back to Ohio for the wedding yet. We aren’t even getting into the lack of reservations for the honeymoon.
6. Work has had her in the week from hell. Monday and Tuesday were insane site visits, Wednesday and Thursday alternated between meetings/field visits to see how construction was going AND kicking off and finishing a whole new project. This isn’t to mention the other looming projects that all have deadlines in the last 2 days before she leaves for her wedding.
7. PenguinGuy has been stressing about work too. He recently got a new boss so with that comes getting to know/becoming accustomed to a new set of expectations and methodology. Couple the new boss with the fact that they are undergoing HEAVY repairs and maintenance and PenguinGuy works down in engineering (where the majority of repairs/maintenance are taking place) you have a recipe for long days and much stress. The cherry to that is they are changing the duty schedule from a 6 day schedule to a 5 day schedule. At this rate the Penguins will never see each other!
8. PenguinGal feels very selfish and egotistical lately. She feels like she is making such a big fuss over all of these little things that in the grand scheme of things mean absolutely nothing that she is a very horrible person. The guilt is basically eating away at her almost as much as the stress. She hates feeling like she is selfish for feeling the way she does. She hates that she knows that her problems are for the most part brought on by her own inadequacies and that the correct response to all of them is to STFU and get on with her life yet she can’t quite grasp that whole ‘STFU and move on’ skill.
::proceeds to introduce head to most convenient mass wall::
Thanks for letting me vent ladies. I think I just need to organize my to-do list and buckle down and do it. Who cares if I am miserable while doing it? It will get done.