- 5 years ago
- Wedding: September 2012
As many a bee before me has said things WILL go wrong on your wedding day no matter how much you plan for everything… but let me tell you the things that go wrong won’t matter at all!!
I have a list of what went wrong…and honestly nobody else even knew!
1. It took longer to get ready than we had planned AND I thought we had planned wayyyy to much time to begin with. I think it was mostly b/c my MIL had her hair done and when she turned around she wanted a LOT of adjustments so it took her about twice as long thus putting us behind.
2. I wasn’t in love with my eye make up, I had it changed (thus adding more time as well) but I just didn’t love it.
3. I had to make some adjustments to my own hair and make up… my stylist was FANTASTIC and did a wonderful job, but I wanted to feel like “me” on my day so I did a few adjustments
4. In the pre ceremony shots my MOH stepped on my train and put a small rip in it (this didn’t bother me one bit)
5. My fiance walked too far to meet me in the aisle
6. There were a few “fly overs” during our outdoor ceremony (airplanes)
7. My photographer didn’t get all my must have shots, one arrangement w bridal party and also huge family photos of each side in the reception
8. My hair flower sagged and when I went to fix it the flower came right off the bobby pin so I just had the pin for the rest of the night (nobody noticed or knew but me)
9. I danced soo much my hair fell and I was all sweat by the end of the night BUT I HAD THE BEST TIME!!! 🙂
10. The hotel provided a shuttle and they kept trying to change my pickup and drop off times, I had to continue to reiterate the times I needed
11. When I was waiting in the reception space for guests to arrive the caterer was setting up and told me that they only brought set ups for one buffet line when we were supposed to have two, it was 15 mins before I walked down the aisle, not what I needed to think about… I just continually told them to do whatever they had to do as long as my guests got fed I didn’t care.. they ended up having two lines….
12. My cake was the wrong shape, It was supposed to be 3 tiers. Bottom square, middle rouund and top square… it was all square.
So even after that long list I can tell you my wedding day was still the best day everrr!!!! And I want to do it again and again!!