(Closed) The Waiting List (7/31/17)

posted 3 weeks ago in Waiting
Post # 2
23 posts
Newbee

Congrats to the newly engaged bee’s on their proposals! Your FI’s definitely did a good job your rings are both stunning and the proposal stories sound super romantic! Happy planning 🙂

Post # 3
508 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

Scratch us off the list! My fiance asked me to marry him yesterday morning, and it was completely sweet, and the timing was quite unexpected because he had been playing me with “Oh I haven’t done X yet,” when those steps have been finished for a while now.  Tears were present, and I couldn’t be more excited to become his wife.

IMG_5892

Post # 6
508 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

becks90 :  Meh, I just kept living, life, but I may have also been say la vie about it all. I wish I would have kept up on my lotion treatments, and been a little more hydrated, and had a prettier manicure (mine right now is horrible), but there’s always more time for great pictures!

I can recommend the Camera+ app, which helps you take gorgeous pictures – better than the regular camera app on your phone. It even has a macro and stabilizer setting!

Post # 7
1192 posts
Bumble bee

Congratulations to all the newly engaged bees!

becks90 :  I’ve heard getting your fingers waxed is a thing. I’d probably get a facial, get a manicure and maybe a haircut and treatment.

Post # 8
23 posts
Newbee

nelliemade :  Awww Congrats:)

I definitely would keep my nails done! Lol 

Post # 9
1168 posts
Bumble bee

I DID know mine was coming – by default, because I knew when the ring would be ready. So I got a hair cut and color, and started looking for a good nail color… I didn’t do much beyond that until he told me we were going on a trip – he wouldn’t tell me WHERE (that was the only surprise element, obviously, since we created the ring together and I knew when it was ready), so I DID buy some new clothing for a range of possible locations and weather.

I started getting micropen treatments earlier this year, though, for the wedding. If I hadn’t already been doing that, I’d probably have gotten a facial. 

Post # 10
142 posts
Blushing bee

I would like to be added! I thought I commented on one of these posts a while ago to be added, but I guess I got overlooked :]

Post # 11
170 posts
Blushing bee

If you knew you had a month (31 days) until your proposal then how would you spend It? What preparation would you Do? any beauty procedures ? etc.

I doubt much would change though I imagine I would be quite antsy. I would work on staying hydrated and maybe stay away from a lot of carbs (bloat for pictures). Put more effort into deciding what clothes I would wear when going out… Get a bit more ‘dressed up’ than usual (my style is hair in a bun with t-shirt and shorts… so maybe nice blouse and jeans and more effort into hair). Definitely make sure my nails were always clean and if I felt like it get my nails done. Get my eyebrows waxed.

Aside from the beauty portion of it all… I would spend some time on self-reflection/self-love because it is an ending to a chapter of your life and an opening to a new one.  I would definitely get a massage to help relax! 

And lastly I would probably become more diligent in budgetting because the whole idea of a wedding would seem more real. 

All that seems like a lot of effort though.. so short list:

– eyebrows waxed

– make sure nails are clean

– dress a bit nicer

Post # 12
30 posts
Newbee

I’m 75% sure I’ll be getting engaged this month and I’ve been getting my nails done a lot. I’ve been obsessed over when and where it will be. What should I wear ect. It’s an exciting time for sure! 

Post # 13
175 posts
Blushing bee

I think mine will be this month too, and I prefer my nails unpolished and short so I’ve mostly just been living my regular life but with EXTRA excitement and a little more effort into making sure I look cute on every date, haha!

Post # 14
14 posts
Newbee

I’d like to be added to the list please!

The topic ‘The Waiting List (7/31/17)’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors