- 7 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011
Alright ladies – so I got married on Saturday, and while there was nothing that went horribly wrong (in fact, everything was just about PERFECT), there are a few things that just seemed silly, so I had to post:
1) We got rick-rolled at our wedding (that’s when people randomly try to insert Rick Astly’s “Never Gonna Give You Up” in the middle of something serious”). Only, our DJ didn’t know how much of a joke that song was, and he played anyway. My friends thought it was funny.
2) Screaming the F- word in the middle of Costco. Yup… We were grocery shopping for the guests in the beach house and discussing plans for the bachelorette party that night. My mom (who was on the phone) was reluctant to come to the dinner, since she was nervous and didn’t know many of my friends (although lots of other family members who she knew were going), so I was trying to tell her to call my man of honor, since he was the one who planned it all, and it was a surprise to me. She kept asking me all these questions, and I kept trying to spit out, “I don’t know, ask Rob” and trying to give her his phone number, but she kept interrupting with more questions (where is dinner? how many people? who are they? what should I wear?). Finally, I just got frustrated and screamed “I don’t fucking know! If you would stop talking long enough, I can give you his number so you can ask him!” Yeah… the BM who was with me gave me “that look” and then told me to do some breathing exercises… then we bust out laughing. oops.
3) We kidnapped the catering manager’s keys. After the hubbs and I left the reception, the bridal party stuck around to clean up. Apparently, they were so efficient that they picked up the catering manager’s keys off of one of the tables, thinking someone had left them behind. We got them back to her the next day, but I felt awful.
4) I almost tripped walking down the aisle. Yup… I had my dress hemmed to my 3″ heels, but decided to wear flip flops at the last minute. It was too long in the front. It wasn’t obvious, but there was that split second of “OH SHIT – I’m going down!”
5) We wrote our own vows. The last line of mine were, “Till death or zombies part us.” I was really debating whether I should actually say it, but I went for it in the end. My friends loved it. Family… prob. not so much. Oh well.
6) Forgot to put on the damn SPANX. We got the dress on, and zipped before I realized it. By that time, we were all thinking, “F- it. It’ll take too long to get the dress off, the spanx on, and put the dress back on again.”
7) I got hot pink icing on my dress from the cupcakes b/c I was leaning over to cut our cake. One very awesome guest jumped up and started shouting at staff to get a napkin with club soda. Came right out – you couldn’t even tell (also, it was organza, which helped).
8) The DJ played Dont Stop Believin, and the guests formed their own circles and draped their arms over each persons shoulders (like a kick line, but in a circle). Slowly, each circle enveloped another until we were all (like 50 ppl) singing at the top of our lungs and swaying in one giant circle with me and the hubbs in the middle. It was a really awesome surreal moment.
AND – I got my shots in the ocean 🙂 we did a beach “trash the dress” right after the reception, and brought the dog out. It was a blast! Can’t wait to see the video!
The good news? We only started 10 minutes late, and that’s because we were waiting on the limo shuttle to drop off the last bunch of guests. *cheesy fist pump*