Post # 1
So, inspired by this thread… http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/things-that-went-very-wrong-at-the-wedding-pics-heavy#axzz2QDgFv7mb
what went wrong in YOUR wedding? probably all of us had at least something happening, right? I’ll start:
-There was a lot lot lot of traffic which means it was a nightmare for people who were driving to get there.
-It was raining like crazy, so I set up everything in the covered part of the venue, despite having paid a bunch more for the uncovered. Then it stopped raining and it was beautiful but everything was set up.I could have paid $700 as opposed to $2400 for the space!
-I forgot to take nail polish remover so I painted my nails over my chipped polish and did only one coat to minimize the risk of painting cuticles and fingers.
-Some people didn’t show up
-I overestimated the amount of cake that we needed and some of them weren’t even cut (hey, it was delicious the next day)
-The driver of the shuttle was late to pick up guests, and got lost on the way back! A friend from town sat in the front with him guiding him turn by turn.
-I forgot an appropiate bra! So I just didn’t wear any
I know it seems like a lot once it’s written down, but it was so much fun! None of this clouded how much fun we had luckily 😀
how about you?
Post # 3
The shuttle to the hotel never got the second group of us, so we had to have my husband’s sister-in-law come pick some of us up and others took a local cab.
The limo driver took a ridiculous route to the venue; and ended up charging us more…I think that was intentionally done.
Post # 4
@Rubbs: same thing happened to us, but I fought with the shuttle company till they agreed to refund the money and do a second charge for the agreed amount
Post # 5
It was freezing cold and we had an outdoor ceremony. Good thing it was quick!
My sister’s cell phone got stolen by somebody at the wedding reception next to ours.
My husband stepped on my dress while we made our entrance into the reception, I thought it ripped!
My mom was gross dirty dancing with her stupid boyfriend the entire reception. Many people made comments.
Post # 6
@Birdee106: your mom dirty dancing!! sorry, i know it must have been awful, but it sounds funny from a distance.
my super serious and conservative mother in law got tipsy and dance the macarena, which is equivalent of dirty dancing for her lol
Post # 7
@Birdee106: ugh Im so sure my mom will do this! i hate her boyfriend and the two of them make out at EVERY family event and it drives me CRAZY.
Post # 8
Our limo was late to pick us up after the reception – ended up being fine though because we took more sparkler pictures.
Post # 9
@laughs: Ughhhh. I’m sure my mother’s gross boyfriend will bitch about EVERYTHING like he always does. We had my grandparents’ 50th wedding anniversary a couple of years ago, and he complained the WHOLE time about how hot it was (it wasn’t that hot) and the photographer (he didn’t want his picture taken, so anytime the photographer LOOKED like he was looking towards him or was near him, he complained). I hope they don’t come.
Post # 10
OMG so many things when wrong
1. My son was the ring bearer and when we were waiting to walk the ceremony area we looked at the pillow and my husbands ring was missing..we were all freaking out I moved back and the ring was under my dress.
2. My husband was supposed to give all the guys their ties and up until we were coming out of our suite where I was getting ready he keep calling and calling me that one tie was missing. Didn’t know at the time but during our vows I was thinking wow his tie goes perfect with the other guys ties, come to realize the next day he was wearing the missing tie. He had one with his tux we ordered.
3. Not only was one guy missing his tie in all the pics but his sister a bridesmaid didn’t come to our suite for her jewlery so she was missing hers.
4. Because my son dropped the ring when we found it my mom tied the rings really good on the pillow so when we exchanged rings we couldn’t un tie them.
But in the end it was a great day
Post # 11
I’m not mulling over it since I think our wedding went well and was a blast overall, but if I were to do it over, there’s a couple things I’d do differently.
- First, I hit myself in the head with my bouquet during my first bouquet toss attempt (the ceilings were lower than I realized)
- Our venue accidentally put out mustard colored napkins (our colors were purple and red)
- During pre-ceremony photos with my BMs, I fell on my face and at one point while walking around in the gardens, our male photographer was like…”what’s this on the ground?” My garter was a little too big and had slipped down my leg, over my foot, and onto the ground without me noticing.
- I was nervous and had the least graceful walk down the aisle ever. I was holding one side of my dress up so I didn’t trip even though I was holding onto my father, and I let my bouquet hand swing around like I was walking normally. The whole thing is kind of painful to watch, so I just skip watching that part during the video!
- Our cake was…frankly, kind of boring and a little bit weird looking. Tasted great, though!
- Almost tripped over my dress while walking into the reception during our intro
- Accidentally flashed our male photographer during photos with my husband dipping me backward