Post # 1
…that make the wait easier.
1. Told me where he wants to be married and told me to plan as much as I like.
2. If I offer my opinion, he’s almost always eager to listen.
3. He is willing to talk about things relating to getting married.
4. He is willing to adjust his plans according to my desires (most recently, it was “we’ll be here about a year longer than anticipated. Should we move a few miles so you can have in-state tuition at School X?” “Well, there’s factors A, B, and C. And I wouldn’t mind waiting to start my Master’s.” “Oh, good. If you are willing to wait, that’d be best.”)
5. He is supportive of me being on here.
6, He understands why we often have differing views on when/why to get married, and attempts to honor my point of view (he prefers mine, but psychology doesn’t usually fully cooperate.)
7. He is planning our “vacation” so I can meet his family. (I’ve said that I think it important to meet each others’ families before we get engaged – so I really don’t foresee a proposal before Thanksgiving. He’s already met my parents, so his are the next priority.)
Post # 3
1) He puts up with my wedding talk and ideas…until I start repeating myself over and over, to which he gently changes the subject.
2) He reassures me that he’s staying true to our plan whenever I start to go bananas.
3) He’s put up with my craziness throughout this time period!
4) He does other sweet things that still remind me why I love him and why I want to marry him.
Post # 4
1) he’s listened when we discussed our future
2) and then actually *thought* about it
3) takes it in good humor when he brings up weddings/diamonds etc and I tease him by saying “are you getting ideas?” or “I think it’s promising that you know more about diamonds than I do” 😉
4) plans nice dinners and trips for us
5) rubs my back when it’s sore
6) supports my “me time” when I need it
….and all the other sweet and considerate things that he does, which make me know in my heart that he just wants me to be happy!
Post # 5
We don’t discuss weddings, per se, but we discuss our future and our future kids/home/lives a lot! It helps me know that he’s thinking about it, even while I’m trying so hard to not mention the words “marriage” or “wedding”!!!
Post # 6
@MissBuffalo: Same here. Will we don’t necessarily discuss weddings he makes it clear in every conversation about his future I’m right there with him. I just loves when he refers to “our kids” as well
Post # 7
My boyfriend and I have already chosen the ring so that makes me pretty confident! lol I’m trying to back off now though and not mention wedding related stuff.
Post # 8
@DeathByDesign: me too. Its so hard though!!