Post # 1
Sou our date is set for April 20th 2013. We are behind in some aspects but ahead in others. We are basically working our way. But big problem… We don’t have a venue yet. Fi and I were talking about this last night and he said something that surprised me. He said “We can push it back to 2014”. I asked him what he meant and he said we’re so far behind with that we can push it back. I asked if that’s what he wants and he said no but now I wonder if it really is… When I kept asking him if he was sure he said “We can go down to the court house and get married tomorrow if you want”
So I don’t know what to think. Am I reading too much into the comment or could it be a sign that he’s not ready yet? We just got engaged in April and plan to be married April 20th 2013. The date is pretty important to us which I’m guessing is why he suggested 2014. We’ve been together 2 1/2 years and have a great relationship. Ideas?
Post # 3
I think you’re reading too much into it. It sounds like he is just trying to take some of the stress off you to me, which is thoughtful rather than concerning.
Post # 4
It sounds like you’re totally reading into it too much. He probably is freaking out about all that is left to do, just like you would be! Guys know less about the process and I know my FI freaks out when I tell him all these different things that need to get done. I’m sure he wants your wedding to be a dream wedding for you and for you to not have to settle on anything you want. Unless there are other signs that show that he’s pulling away, I wouldn’t think too much of it or else you’re just going to create a problem that isn’t there.
Post # 5
I think you may be reading into it too much, he could have just been making a comment…especially with the fact that he said you could go to the courthouse tomorrow, gives me no indication he isn’t ready.
Post # 6
I think you’re reading too much into it. I think FI is being supportive in saying because you feel as if you’re far behind. I don’t find that to be the case. Is there a reason (perhaps financially?) as to why you two couldn’t look for a venue soon?
Post # 7
I mean, if you’re not willing to compromise on the date being April 20th, I understand why he’d want to postpone for a year. If you could push it back a month or two, I imagine he’d be amenible to that.
Post # 8
Thank you all for the wake up call pretty much.
He and I are both set on having it that day, I think the day is more important to him than me. When we discussed dates I mentioned April or October 2013 and instantly he picked April, and when taking about postponing he was stuck on April.
We haven’t picked the venue because we can’t fully decide. He says he’s ok with what I want and I’d prefer getting married in a church and the reception outside on the water but I think he wants the ceremony outside so nothing has been decided on yet. He did say “Well we have all day tomorrow and Thursday to look for a place” last night, but then he didn’t wake up until 12 and I worked 3-11 so it left no time for venue hunting.
I read into things too much sometimes, thank you for the reassurance!!!!
Post # 9
I agree with the others and wouldn’t worry a bit! Good luck finding a venue soon. 🙂
Post # 10
I also think that you might be reading too much into it. I am not understanding why you think that you are so far behind though. We are getting married in October and we didn’t book our venue until about 2 months ago. It will be okay. There is enough time to get everything done.
Post # 11
We’re getting married April 27, 2013 and we haven’t booked our place yet. We know WHERE we’d like to, but we haven’t sat down to secure the date yet. You’re probably reading too much into it! Get your venue, and BREATHE! Everything will work out!