- 3 years ago
- Wedding: January 2014
This is in relation to my previous post. Long story short. We’ve run into a number of problems with our planning – best man cancelled, fire at ceremony venue, can’t afford to hold both ceremony and reception at reception venue.
I talked to FI and we both feel like we’d like to have a private ceremony (parents and siblings) ahead of time and just do the reception as planned.
But here’s the problem … we already ordered the invitations (which are worded “reception to follow”) – they are actually arriving tomorrow. We have asked the bridal party – 3 on each side.
We kind of talked about having our reception in January still, but having the ceremony within the next 1-2 months so that we could do it outside. In that scenario, we would probably only do a MOH and Best man. I feel like I’d much prefer this, but I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings either. Also not sure what I would wear. My wedding gown is pretty formal looking. And FI has already put the deposit on his tux. I wasn’t sure if we would wear the same thing on both occasions (he would have to rent a tux twice) or just go more casual with the ceremony and save the gown and tux for the reception.