This Ad Completely Redefines the Phrase "Like a Girl" 2014

posted 2 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 4
3097 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - A court...

Great! 🙂 Even now doing something “like a girl” or being feminine is considered a bad thing which Irritates me. 

Post # 5
7404 posts
Busy Beekeeper

atreyu547:  I agree to an extent. Shouldn’t the message be run like yourself? or for yourself? Some females run like LoLo Jones or Anna Willard Pierce and some females run like what was depicted in the video. And there is nothing at all wrong with either way of running or the million other variations in between.

Putting confidence in young women is about loving and accepting who they are as an individual.

Post # 7
545 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I have never personally seen anyone get offended in real life because of the phrase “…like a girl.” If they did, I’d call them a wiener. That’s just me.

Post # 9
2203 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

I love this ad.  I never understood “like a girl” phrases.  What does it mean that I run like a girl?  I am a freaking girl.  Oh, you mean I run slow?  Why don’t you just say that?

Post # 10
1119 posts
Bumble bee

AllieLaLa:  it’s the implication though. If doing something ‘like a girl’ is an insult it suggests that being a girl is in some way a bad thing (or it wouldn’t be an insult) just as doing something ‘like a man’ is a good thing and reinforces the stereotypes about man=good/superior/strong, girl/woman=bad/inferior/weak

Post # 11
3016 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - Prague

It is an insult, and it is prevalent b/c people consider girls weak and people have no problem saying it.  And as a result, girls feel weak. It sucks.

Post # 12
484 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Thank you for posting this! Made my day.

Post # 13
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I saw this ad the other day, absolutely loved it, I even teared up a little. I have to agree, when did being a “girl”, or being feminine become a bad thing?

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors