(Closed) This bride had a $600 DIY wedding!

posted 6 years ago in DIY
Post # 4
748 posts
Busy bee

That looks like a really pretty wedding. The couple seems very sweet as well. What a nice idea, it made everyone seem a lot more united.

Post # 5
801 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Wow!! That’s amazing!!!

Post # 6
4014 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

So cute! I loved the china plates they used and the tissue pompoms on the stairs!!

Post # 7
12816 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

That’s really awesome for them, and looks gorgeous.  Personally, I can’t imagine not having all my family at the wedding, but everyone has to make the decisions that are right for them!

Post # 8
2820 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Very pretty. Would have loved to have done something similar. : )

Post # 10
6124 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

What a sweet wedding!  A good photographer really goes a long way!  Luckily the photographer was their friend and that was her gift to her.

However, you usually don’t ask people for their help in lieu of a gift because that’s being presumptuous that they were going to get you a gift in the first place. You only take it if they offer it.  So to me that is putting a guest on the spot.

PS

A Paris elopement for you Arielle!

http://www.stylemepretty.com/destination-weddings/2012/04/04/paris-elopement-by-wisner-photo/

Post # 11
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Awesome and still looked amazing!

Post # 12
5993 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2010

it looks lovely and sweet and well done to them!   i know as a guest we would be hungry if the food photos are anything to go by

Post # 14
1627 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

This is awesome!  At first I thought it was a $6000 wedding (in which I was still surprised!) and then I realized it was actually ONLY $600!!!  The details are amazing…I love the china, and photos of his parents.  And the photos of her holding the dress w/ hubby are so adorable!  Such a sentimental, sweet wedding! 

Post # 15
1627 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@MrsElopement:  Oh yes, the cake as well…another amazing detail!  Didn’t she say a friend made it? WOWZA.

Post # 16
1150 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I don’t think this wedding is amazing. $600 is only what the couple spent but doesn’t really reflect the true cost. I think they should add in the totals that their friends and family contributed to the dinner party. 

The topic ‘This bride had a $600 DIY wedding!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors