Post # 1
SO has dropped some pretty serious hints. Including:
- “You’re in the final stretch.” (When talking about engagements.)
- “I’d keep your nails looking nice for the next few weeks. Whatever matches rose gold.”
- (starts an elaborate compliment) “–Wait, no, I’ll have time to confess my love for you before long.”
- “You’ll be engaged long before October.”
Also, he asked me to text his sister for him Saturday while he was driving. I accidentally clicked on the wrong message thread – a female friend of his with a similar name – and saw:
Her: “So how’d the proposal go?”
Him: “Hasn’t yet. First week of September is the plan!”
There have also been some weird things he’s said that I wouldn’t have been suspicious of if I hadn’t seen the message. Such as:
- While visiting his grandmother together, who lives quite a ways away and we usually only see every couple of months: “We’ll be back in two weeks.” (They both look at me) “You know… To chop you some more firewood.” (She’d just finished saying she wouldn’t need anymore until late autumn.)
- When I asked him whether he was coming to a family dinner my uncle invited us to: “Oh. Thaaaat one. Um…Yeah, we’d better be there. They’ll want to see it.” (Me: “See what?” Him: “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”)
Eeeeeeek! Trying to distract myself so I can still be productive this week but I am seriously on edge! This is my last week – ever – with a naked finger!
Post # 3
that’s so exciting, congratulations! 🙂
Post # 4
@gangqinjia: EEEEKK!! You are SO close!!!! That’s soo exciting! First week in september I’d be ready EVERY where we go! LOL.
Good luck and I can’t waiiit to hear about it!
Post # 5
i understand about hints and accidentally saying things that reveal more than they intend. i was hoping my FI would propose on our 3 year anniversary on our weekend away, his parents were going to stay nearby for the last night, and drive us home the next day. so one day i asked ‘so who will see the ring first?’ he said ‘my parents’ and then tried to cover it up, etc. but he proposed on our anniversary and his mum was the first to see it 🙂
Post # 6
Well, those seem like some pretty clear signs, lol. Good luck!
Post # 7
Good luck! We can’t wait to hear all about it =)
Post # 8
sounds great good luck Ms
Post # 9
How exciting! Best of luck to you =)
Post # 11
I will definitely keep you all updated! Thank you so much for your kind words!
He told me several months ago that he wants the proposal to be perfect, and since storytelling is a major part of my family’s personality, he wants it to make a great story to tell all our lives. So hopefully it’ll be a fun one for y’all read! 😉 Oh, I’m so excited for everything! <3
Post # 12
Haha wow, my FI didn’t even give me the teeniest hint leading up to it!!! I’d say it’s in the bag for you, congrats!!!
Post # 13
That is so exciting, I feel like mine is coming before the end of september and its driving me crazy, your lucky its so soon!!
You will have to fill us in with the story and ring pics!!
Post # 14
@gangqinjia: Can’t wait to read about your proposal! Congrats, good luck, and paint those nails!!
Post # 15
I think its pretty obvious it is coming soon lucky you! Such an exciting time make sure you bring your camera wherever you go this week 😉
Post # 16
make sure to be back with lots of big photos 🙂