This Woman is 124 Sandwiches away from an Engagement ring(I'm not kidding)

posted 3 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
1355 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013 - Vine Street Church

All I could think when I read that article was ‘misogyny is alive and well’.

Post # 4
534 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Yeah, I saw this yesterday and have been bothered by it ever since.  Not only is the idea of conditioning a proposal on sandwiches weird and creepy, but what kind of guy even *jokingly* wakes up every single morning and asks for a sandwich?  That would get old, fast.  And the fact that she thinks she needs to prove her worth by sandwich-making is just pathetic.

But I’ll admit that I’m dying to know what happens after sandwich #300.  Will he actually propose?!  Guess I’ve gotta wait another few months to find out.  🙁  lol

Post # 5
2576 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@thejucheidea:  Exactly. Between this and that Real Housewife’s new book, he-man woman-hating is appearing to be trendier now more than ever.

Post # 6
2562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I’d make those damn sandwiches, and once I got the ring…. KNUCKLE SANDWICH TO THE FACE, WHAT THE CRAP?!
(haha I’m just kidding… wanted to say “knuckle sandwich” because hey… it’s a sandwich, right!)

No honestly I would just never stay in a relationship like that, it’s just ridiculous.

Post # 7
8425 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

@TwoCityBride:  Never been a “waiting” bee so I can’t really give any input on this.  The pear and turkey club looks delicious though.

Post # 8
2726 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@TwoCityBride:  all I can say on his behalf is that at least he is a good cook.

Post # 9
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

They were talking about this on the radio today- with general consensus that it was just horrendous and the radio hosts asked ‘what have other people done to get engaged?’ 

this poor girl rang up and said that her BF told her that if she dropped down to 60kg he would propose – wait it gets worse- then he broke up with her- and they have just got back together after 6 months because she is trying to get down to 60kg. This poor poor girl sounded like she was only a teenager 🙁

Post # 10
7997 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2013

I heard of this yesterday and my knee jerk reaction was to say it seems a bit desperate… but then I lightened up a bit and realized it’s probably all in good fun.

Post # 11
2052 posts
Buzzing bee

@TwoCityBride:  Yikes!!!!!  I just don’t know about this article.  Don’t get me wrong-I’ve heard of the ‘engagement chicken recipie’ and I very much enjoy cooking AND my boyfriend loves my cooking and is always complimenting me on it.  He will even turn down a night of eating chinese out with his friends when he knows I’m cooking lol-this happened last night when I told him I was making sheppards pie because that’s what I WANTED, not him lol.

But if I felt like I HAD TO or if he would make comments like ‘Maybe I’ll marry you one day if you keep cooking like this’, UGH it would ruin it for me.  Because I do want to get married.  Because we talk about marriage all the time.  I’m glad that he sees cooking as something that he values that I do, and not something that I have to do so that maybe he will want to marry me. 

I will say this-whenver I offer to make my BF a sandwich he has gotten excited before.  Like ‘REally, you will make me a sandwich’ lol maybe there is just something about it. 

Also…..He better propose after all this news or he will be the MOST HATED MAN in the culinary industry UGH

Post # 12
414 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m going to reluctantly go against the grain here – I think it’s kind of fun. It is certainly a fun perspective for a blog, and would turn into a great cookbook. This doesn’t come close to being as bad as the Housewife book.

That being said, I do feel like there are sexist undertones, as in “Hey, go and make me a sandwich,” but I feel like the media has gotten a hold of this, and spun it into something it shouldn’t be. This is the culture we live in – let’s take something that is fairly harmless, and make a big deal out of it.

I certainly hope it’s tongue-in-cheek. And if she can leverage this into 15 minutes of fame, good for her – based on her pictures, those sandwiches look delicious. At least she has some sort of discernable talent, which is a lot more than I can say for that Housewife “author.”

Post # 13
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I read this article yesterday, and I skimmed through her blog. He really comes across as a not so nice guy. I read a few of her posts where she describes his behaviour and I was like ‘Yiiiiiiikes! DTMFA, girl!’ 

That said – I’m pretty sure her blog is just a ploy to get a book deal, but maybe she doesn’t realize how he is coming across. I feel like she needs an intervention, How I Met Your Mother style. 

Post # 14
11300 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2013

I read this article this morning and I was so…disgusted. She could do WAY better, not just in a guy who’s not a douche, but someone who’s actually attractive.

Post # 15
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Looks to me like she took an offhand comment that he made as a token of appreciation (even though he seems like a dbag- if my FH ever said “you’ve been awake for 15 min, make me a sandwich I’d laugh in his face) and blew it WAY out of proportion.

She seems pathetic and hungry for attention.

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors