Thoughts on shoe color for bridesmaids – Alfred Sung D516 Barcelona

posted 3 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
3084 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@Jeore1986:  I would go with nude. 

Btw: what brand is your wedding dress? Just wondering bc mine is an ivory lace over light gold too. 

Post # 4
1248 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Another vote for nude. I think that will blend nicely with your dress too.

Post # 5
463 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Third for nude.

Post # 6
778 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I agree with PPs. The nude shoe would be lovely! 

Sidenote: Glad you posted this! I’m doing Alfred Sung dresses in Niagara, and my dress is light gold with an ivory lace overlay, too! I have no idea what color shoe I’m going to have my ladies wear…

BTW–if you haven’t already seen the color in person, make sure you order swatches of those Alfred Sung dresses. I originally wanted to get my girls’ dresses in Fusion–which is a beautiful blue color in the pictures. What they didn’t mention on the site is that it has a bright red undertone. In some lighting, the blue color looks bright red! Fortunately I also ordered Caspian and Niagara swatches. The crazy part is that Caspian looks great online, but isn’t as pretty in person. Niagara was great! 

So again, order swatches, if you haven’t already. The Alfred Sung colors vary dramatically and they don’t necessarily match what you see on the computer. 

Post # 7
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

I was going to say nude but everyone else beat me to it.  😉

Post # 8
1951 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@Jeore1986:  I actually like the black ones you posted. They’ll show fewer stains/wetness if you go outside for pics (potentially snow or rain, depending on your location.) Plus, I would totally wear those again. Nude is hard because everyone has a different skin tone, and it can look very weird. I usually see it in patent leather, and that just doesn’t say wedding to me. 

Post # 9
3084 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

A shoe like this would look HOT 

Post # 10
2132 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I would do black for sure

Leave a comment

Sent weekly. You may unsubscribe at any time.

Find Amazing Vendors