Post # 1
I am not super traditional and want a dress that is a lil different, but also either vintage inspired or actually vintage. I am thin and would like a dress that would give me a little shape, which I think this potentially could…
Does anyone know of any other dresses along those lines?
Post # 3
My jaw seriously dropped when I saw this dress. I think it’s gorgeous. It’s so soft and vintage, it makes me think of peonies, The Great Gatsby, and romance. I love it.
Post # 4
I love the Tadashi dress. BHLDN also has vintage looking gowns. This one is somewhat similar:
Post # 5
Hi! I’ve seen this dress in person and it is really beautiful- it kinda has a coral motif through the sheer parts. The only thing about it is it’s made to look like you’re nude and that illusion goes really low in the back (i’ve even heard brides say “can they see my butt crack?”), so depending on your family and comfort and stuff like that it could be an issue. But Nordstrom does have free shipping and free returns (or to your local store) so it might be worth taking the shot to order it if you’re not close to a wedding suite. If they don’t have your size, call them, they will find it in another store for you.. and as far as sizing goes- tadashi’s run a little large, (I like to call it comfortable), so you should be fine ordering your normal dress size. I hope that helps and feel free to PM me if you have more questions!
Post # 6
@Linz1231: I am glad to hear that! I have been kind of obsessed with it the last couple days and wanted a nonbiased opinion 😉
@charmed59: Oh my gosh, those are beautiful. Not in my budget, but beautiful!
@breezybri19: thanks, that def helps! That is the part of the dress I was wondering about…I also don’t have much of a booty, so that could present a problem, haha. They actually have a size 0 in it right now (which is what I normally wear) and from my understanding they rarely get 0 and 2 in that dress, so I am thinking of ordering it just to try it on. I might be messaging you 🙂
Post # 7
I just saw this thread. I wore this dress for my wedding this summer and I do have a few comments.
1. It runs extremely large. I normally wear a size 6, so that’s what I ordered and my seamstress had to take it in over 2.5 inches on the sides. I would order at least a size, maybe even two down.
2. If you have bad posture, it’s not flattering at all from the front. I’m a sloucher and in some pictures it looks as though I have saggy boobs and may be hiding a pregnancy bump. If you stand straight up it looks great though.
3. If you have a bigger booty, it looks amazing from the back. If your butt is flat, I’m sure the pleating of the train would help give volume.
4. It works best on someone with an hourglass shape. I have a smaller chest and larger hips/butt, and it accentuated the bottom half of my body. I had to have my seamstress add cups to help balance out the top.
5. There are sequins sewn in with the beading on the top, but it doesn’t look gaudy at all. I was really worried when I saw all of the sequins, but it turned out perfect.
Here are a few pictures to demonstrate:
Front: not so great. I look pregnant with saggy boobs.
Back: Much better.
Post # 8
Sorry the pics are huge. I can’t get them to resize.
Post # 9
Wow, that dress is stunning! I especially love the back, I wish I could pull off a dress like that!
Post # 10
Wow it’s gorgeous!!! Absolutely stunning.
Post # 11
Oh I love this dress!! I have seen it on a few brides and it looks gorgeous every time! Including you lucy1110! I say go for it and if it’s not what you wanted then return it!
Post # 12
please show us pictures!! it’s gorgeous but I’d be worried about the “nakedness” so I’m interested to see how it works!
Post # 13
@lucy1110: You looked beautiful in it!! Thank you so much for your help..those were all things I was wondering about!
They no longer have my size but a woman from Nordstrom said she could special order it for me, but it would be non-returnable. That is too scary since I have never tried it on… I guess I will just keep stalking and hoping it comes in, or at least something near my size so I could try it on…
Thanks for your input, ladies! I really appreciate it!