(Closed) Thoughts Please: Planning to Take & Post Instant Prints @ Reception

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
8354 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I think your idea has merit, but the downside would be that your family friend would miss a lot of the reception.

Post # 4
1161 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

If you aren’t having a ton of guests, you could also but a cheap photo printer (around Christmas these go on sale and can be very inexpensive) and then just print from the camera.  That may not be doable ink wise if you have a lot of guests, but it’s another idea. 

Post # 5
4123 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Ditto @noritake22: It’s not fair to your guest to have the stress of that and miss a good chunk of your wedding (and probably DINNER!) Not to mention, that even if you only have 60 guests, it’s going to take FOREVER for guests to come in… 

Post # 7
1573 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think it’s doable. Find a college kid who will work an hour or two for $50 bucks.  Then they can bail.  I think it’s a great idea.  

I was thinking of doing something like that but buying a compact photo printer.  It only cost $99 and you get your pics right away.

But again, Walmart is easy and probably more affordable.

[attachment=1076728,134707]

Post # 8
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Are you really set on digital pictures? You could get a fuji instax camera and film and just take instant pics, which wouldn’t require developing at all. B&H sells the camera and film at pretty reasonable prices, so it wouldn’t be super expensive, maybe $200. Not sure what your budget is though. Good luck!

Post # 10
14750 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

if you have wifi or other option, you can email them and still get them in one hour.  then someone just has to go get them and miss just a few minutes.

The topic ‘Thoughts Please: Planning to Take & Post Instant Prints @ Reception’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors